What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calander entries from e-mail ?

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
I get an e-mail for a get together......example....
“Breakfast at the diner, 9am, other attendees are. Accept/decline”.
It goes to the calander as an invitation.
How do I “break” that e-mail to calendar connection to stop these calendar notices??

Thnaks, Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’m not certain, but turning off this might help.

Settings > Calendar > Siri & Search > Find Events in Other Apps.

There used to be some specific settings about calendar/mail invites, but I can’t seem to find them.

B3684C0A-9CAB-4E23-8E82-FDCE139995EF.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A quick read of the iPad User Guide only talks about how to manage invitations in the Calendar app. There is no mention of how to block them. Apparently they are considered a feature of Microsoft Exchange and some CalDAV accounts.

An invite is a specific kind of email, not to be confused with the event auto-detect feature of Mail which highlights dates and times to make quick calendar entry possible. It also highlights things like phone numbers, locations, and email addresses for quick access to the related apps.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It’s been a while since I did this for security reasons, but here is how you get invitations to go to your Mail App rather than your Calendar.

1. Go to your iCloud Calendar page via a desktop browser. (Apple doesn’t allow you to use iCloud.com via mobile Safari.)
  2. Click the gear icon in the lower-left corner.
  3. Select Preferences.
  4. Click the Advanced icon.
  5. In the Invitations section, change the option from In-App Notifications to Email to iCloud Address.
fix-calendar-spam-in-icloud-100695636-medium.jpg

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies folks,
I’ll give them a try and hope for the best.
Ken

Most reactions

Latest posts