What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cadTouch R3 for ipad is here...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally the iPad version of cadTouch is here! You can get information on their site for the new features.
At 20.99$ it's not cheap but compared to Autocad it's peanuts!

This is something I'm getting...:)

OP
iVan

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no use for it because I draw furniture. SitePad is for house layouts.

I'll be mostly using it to open drawings for my clients when we meet and do slight modification. cadTouch would be adequate in this way.

danriffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'll be mostly using it to open drawings for my clients when we meet and do slight modification. cadTouch would be adequate in this way.

Making furniture, that's what I do too! *I'm just moving from hobby to full-time woodworker. I've been hoping for something like google sketch up.

My iPad is really a business tool for me. *It'd be cool to hear about how you use yours in your work.

Keep makin' sawdust,
Dan

EZ-BAKED

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please let us know how this works. I am very interested in this it looks like something I can use every day. I am in the industrial field and am out in the field a lot taking detentions for adding new equipment , conveyers and that kinda stuff this would shave a lot time of getting stuff into the fab shop.

OP
iVan

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Making furniture, that's what I do too! *I'm just moving from hobby to full-time woodworker. I've been hoping for something like google sketch up.

My iPad is really a business tool for me. *It'd be cool to hear about how you use yours in your work.

Keep makin' sawdust,
Dan
Hey, great to hear from another wood butcher!:D

Actually I only use the iPad as a fancy picture book so far.
To use it seriously it would have to do printing; plans, bills, contracts, etc
I often draw a complex part, print it on a small plotter and glue the paper on a sheet of something to use as layout. Not about to do fancy printing with this yet! And not about to take it in the shop either. Dust kills phones, imagine the iPad with all its orifices!:eek:

I was looking for a way to show 3D drawings to my clients other than the 17" laptop. I don't think cadTouch is it yet. I've had time to fiddle with it for an hour and it's just basic 2D. It's a small dxf viewer actually. I don't think there is editing in layers, it's too primitive.

The Touch interface is clever it'll take me some time to think with it, to build efficient drawing strategies.
Most furniture is impossible to create in 2D but kitchen layouts will be great. I usually do them on paper but the iPad will shine here with cadTouch. So will a good doodling note taking app as Sundry Notes help.

I'm wishing you luck with your new venture, danriffle! After 32years I'm about to close my shop and start a job as assembler in a high end factory that makes display cabinets. I start in two weeks.
Asia got the furniture market, they make decent stuff sold for less than what I pay for materials!!!

I'll still keep the shop for the occasional dream/retirement project with marquetry and carving...:)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear about your shop Ivan. Guess it's the way of the world.
Spent 20 years in high end antiques trade and it's just dying way.

Had one old boy (70's) working for us who was apprenticed at 14, to see him shoot a table joint with just a wipe of a candle stub was art in action. These skills are just fading away :(

GL with the new job.

Richard Rowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was waiting for this app to come out, I did a post on wheather I did a fair review on it. I work in an Upholstery Furniture factory and use simple cad dfx files on foam and frame parts. I also use cad files to send to shops that do CNC router parts for us. Without dimenions and text supported the app is not much real use for me. That type information needs to be supported for me to get uses from this app.

If the app supported text and dimenions it would be GREAT for me and I know from at least one other user who feels the same way. I was going to load this kind of information on my ipad so I would have easy access but without sizes and text the information I need just isn't there. The drawings I use for making patterns for reclining units is in dfx files but with this app I can't see it. I hope they decide to support these features soon.

Most reactions