What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cadTouch R3 Did I rate it fairly???

Richard Rowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been waiting on a cad app for the ipad. I looked at some apps out there but the reviews seem to be low on all of them. I saw this app for the iphone and they said they were working on one for the ipad and it used dfx files so I am thinking great. So.... I bought the app. I will say up front that they didn't lie about their app's functions. They said it would replace paper prints in the field however once I got it I found it didn't show dimenions so that was a killer for me, and most others I would think. You have to click on a line to get the sizes and if there isn't a line where you want an overall size you have to add it up.... hard sometimes. I gave the app 3 stars for a rating stating if it done dimenions it would be 5 stars. Did I do wrong on the rating? I don't want to cause developers to turn away and they didn't lie about their product. I also don't want to miss lead anyone looking to buy an app. What do you think???

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been waiting on a cad app for the ipad. I looked at some apps out there but the reviews seem to be low on all of them. I saw this app for the iphone and they said they were working on one for the ipad and it used dfx files so I am thinking great. So.... I bought the app. I will say up front that they didn't lie about their app's functions. They said it would replace paper prints in the field however once I got it I found it didn't show dimenions so that was a killer for me, and most others I would think. You have to click on a line to get the sizes and if there isn't a line where you want an overall size you have to add it up.... hard sometimes. I gave the app 3 stars for a rating stating if it done dimenions it would be 5 stars. Did I do wrong on the rating? I don't want to cause developers to turn away and they didn't lie about their product. I also don't want to miss lead anyone looking to buy an app. What do you think???

I feel that I can't rate it yet. It's a child competing in a tight field against adult Professionals. All I can do is give it my support with encouragement and praise. Give it five?

The Touch interface is difficult to master, even more difficult to give it visual precision.
The author does not have the huge resources that others have out there. I've been using Autocad since version 1.06 in 85 . It was clunkier than what cadTouch is today.

Most reactions

Latest posts