What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bypass configuration screen and unsupervise ipad

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
hi, i had configuration issue and solved it out.

Hello Sakeas1 - welcome to the forum! :) You tacked on a post to an ongoing thread started back in August 2015 - would be useful to others who may view this thread as to what you actually did, i.e. what was your problem(s) and how did you solve it? Otherwise, your opening post is of little value to our viewers, sorry - Dave

sakeas1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, it is very simple but you need an android tablet to (real free) set up of configured ipad. While resetting your configured ipad make ready your android tablet with application of "Move to iOS" app. and after completion of resetting when ipad ask you to 3 options While set up ipad tap Move Data from Android and follow instructions.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't move data from an Android device when the iPad is stuck at the configuration screen.

sakeas1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't move data from an Android device when the iPad is stuck at the configuration screen.
I know it works since did it few times, you just need to hard reset the configured ipad, than you can chose option of transfering from android while setting up (did you try to load back one of the previous back up of any other ipad while setting up) when options.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I've done that several times - iPhones and iPads. When you're stuck at the screen where you have to enter a password, as the OP described it, you don't get far enough in the setup process to move data from an Android device to the iDevice.

Most reactions