What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bypass configuration screen and unsupervise ipad

Omar1357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help I need to bypass and then unsupervise my iPad I bought it is supervised but I can't get in it to unsupervise it stuck at configuration screen where it asks me for user and password.

I bought it it was working fine didn't have an iCloud I added mine then I went to reset it it tells me it is supervised and I need the password to get it in need help

OP
O

Omar1357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not possible to bypass iCloud's activation lock. You need to contact the former owner to be able to remove it from Find my iPad. Everything else won't work.

Here's how it can be done - there are a few ways:
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2702?locale=en_GB

Hope that helps.
It's not iCloud the iPad is on my iCloud it's a supervised iPad the configuration is asking for the supervise password

OP
O

Omar1357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is the picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,821

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In that case, it's the same as with the iCloud activation lock: you won't be able to use it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only the person who put the configuration profile on the iPad will be able to remove it. You can't do it yourself.

OP
O

Omar1357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok well thank you for the info. I was hoping there was a way the guy isn't answering me anymore and he had asked me for $50 to give me the code but I'm sure he is lying

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok well thank you for the info. I was hoping there was a way the guy isn't answering me anymore and he had asked me for $50 to give me the code but I'm sure he is lying

Hello - I believe that Johanna & Scifan.. have clarified what needs to be done in their comments and links - basically, your 'purchased' iPad is registered in iCloud to the original owner - the device has to be deleted from that person's account - he/she needs to go into their own account (so giving you that information is not really an option) - see the attached pic - I am signed into my account, i.e. 'DavidXXXX' and have two devices registered; if I want to sell or give away my MBPro, I need to 'delete' it from my account (see the connected arrow). You need the seller to do that and then you should be able to assign the device to your own account. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 12.49.23 PM.png

OP
O

Omar1357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - I believe that Johanna & Scifan.. have clarified what needs to be done in their comments and links - basically, your 'purchased' iPad is registered in iCloud to the original owner - the device has to be deleted from that person's account - he/she needs to go into their own account (so giving you that information is not really an option) - see the attached pic - I am signed into my account, i.e. 'DavidXXXX' and have two devices registered; if I want to sell or give away my MBPro, I need to 'delete' it from my account (see the connected arrow). You need the seller to do that and then you should be able to assign the device to your own account. Dave :)
View attachment 66530

But it's not iCloud the devices is on my iCloud account. I have got emails to verify that and I also enter my email and password for iCloud. I believe he did the supervised with Apple configuration so that is the password they are asking for when I texted him I need it he said for $50 he would give it to me. I believe he did it on purpose. But it is not iCloud for it is set up to my iCloud account

OP
O

Omar1357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also after reading and doing lots of research I found out that it is over the air supervised and I beliebe even if I gave him the $50 he would give me the password then just do it again remotely

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go into Settings>General and scroll down the page, you'll see the profile listed. Tap on it to open it up, then tap again on the next screen to see the details. There's a red delete button at the bottom, which when you tap on it will ask for the configuration profile password. Without that password you can't delete the profile.
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

OP
O

Omar1357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thank you I'm sure he isn't giving it to me. But thank you all for helping I can relax now and stop trying to figure it out

SnoopyII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased an iPad Air 2 at an auction and it too was supervisor locked(OTA controlled)

It also had a standard passcode (which I didn't know)

I accidentally stumbled on a way to bypass the supervisor thing.

I updated to iOS 9.2.1. I did a restore & update through itunes.

I was greeted by a message "such & such company will configure your ipad".

When it finished configuring it had an overlay screen that only allowed reminders/notes.

I couldn't access any of the icons. They were hidden/locked under the company's custom interface.

You could see the regular desktop flash for just a second then immediately it was covered by the company's custom interface.

I did another restore & update.

***IMPORTANT PART***

I created a 3rd page for desktop icons and dragged the settings icon to the newly created page.

When it booted I went through all the standard setup stuff (wifi, enable location, etc.) then when the supervised over the air configuration started I let it finish.

Right as it was getting ready to change to the locked company overlay I turned off my wifi.

I was then able to access the standard desktop, icons, etc.

I set a restrictions passcode and disabled notes, reminders, and calendar.

I ran a backup then rebooted and turned on wifi.

I played around for a 10 minutes or so then shut it down & rebooted again.

Everything works as it should.

I am able to access it in itunes, add music, photos, etc.

It no longer warns me that it is supervised by another computer.

The supervisor security info is still there in the settings/general section.

Kind of a goofy, lucky way I stumbled onto.

It's fully functional now.

Most reactions