What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye-Bye Stanza

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious...why not use iBooks? It reads books in both PDF and ePub...?

To be honest? I'm lazy! :D

I use a program called Calibre to maintain my e-book library (1500+ books). The library is stored on Dropbox (in my public folder). Then, I use another program called Calibre2OPDS to create a catalog of my books.

Before I discovered MegaReader (and the free app eBook Search by the same company), I'd have to browse to the catalog in my Dropbox via Safari and search for a book. Then, I'd have to use "Open In..." to select an e-reader app to use. It was just a pain to use (and, remember, I'm lazy!).

With MegaReader, I can hook my catalog up right into the app, browse to the e-book I want and have it download/open right there in MegaReader. Simple, quick and painless. Since I don't keep my books on the iPad after I've read them and I truly don't care about too many bells & whistles (I just need the book's text), this works for me.

Whew! Long explanation! But, that's why. :D

Marilyn

tosbsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just saw this

"I had an email exchange with Amazon.co Customer Service today about this very issue. Here is their response to my query.

"Iâ€Â™m sorry to hear that youâ€Â™re having issues with Stanza after updating to iOS 5. An update will be available in the coming weeks that will resolve the problem youâ€Â™re experiencing.

"After the upcoming update, we will no longer be updating or supporting Stanza. We would like to thank you for your interest in Stanza, and let you know that Amazon is committed to providing the best reading experience on iOS though the Kindle for iPhone, iPod and iPad apps.

"To learn about Kindle, including our Kindle for iPhone, iPod, and iPad apps, visit the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/kindleapps

"Thank you for your interest in Stanza."

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
tosbsas said:
Just saw this

"I had an email exchange with Amazon.co Customer Service today about this very issue. Here is their response to my query.

"Iâ€Â™m sorry to hear that youâ€Â™re having issues with Stanza after updating to iOS 5. An update will be available in the coming weeks that will resolve the problem youâ€Â™re experiencing.

"After the upcoming update, we will no longer be updating or supporting Stanza. We would like to thank you for your interest in Stanza, and let you know that Amazon is committed to providing the best reading experience on iOS though the Kindle for iPhone, iPod and iPad apps.

"To learn about Kindle, including our Kindle for iPhone, iPod, and iPad apps, visit the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/kindleapps

"Thank you for your interest in Stanza."

Where did you see this? Would be great if true.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. I hope Amazon customer service is right about this but I still won't be holding my breath.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Whoohoo. Stanza has just been updated with IOS5 support! :thumbs:

xvalx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded stanza update last night I was so happy to see it come up as a update I missed using it :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts