What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

By pass the setup assistance?

gorret_85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2 with a cracked screen. Only certain sections on the screen are responsive but i can get round this by rotating the device. I have tried to update to iOS 6 but im stuck on the set up assistant. When i get to the loaction services set up i have to press the 'next' button at the top right of the screen. As im sure you have guessed this is part of the screen that is upresponsive. The screen will not rotate in set up assistant so i cant change the next button location to a responsive part of the screen. What can i do? is there any way to by pass the set up or enable screen roation

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
gorret_85 said:
I have an ipad 2 with a cracked screen. Only certain sections on the screen are responsive but i can get round this by rotating the device. I have tried to update to iOS 6 but im stuck on the set up assistant. When i get to the loaction services set up i have to press the 'next' button at the top right of the screen. As im sure you have guessed this is part of the screen that is upresponsive. The screen will not rotate in set up assistant so i cant change the next button location to a responsive part of the screen. What can i do? is there any way to by pass the set up or enable screen roation

Can't imagine what you can do except shut own and take it to an Apple repair depot for a new screen. It may continue setup when returned. If no you can always re-install the o/s.

By th way, how did it get cracked. My pets stamp all over mine ant it is OK. I have even heard of one surviving a 200 foot fall.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
gorret_85 said:

Did you make a backup of the iPad before you started the update? If you did, take the iPad to an Apple service center or Apple store. The repair cost for the cracked screen can be about half the cost of a new iPad. What they do is give you a replacement iPad, not repair your iPad, that's why the backup is important. When you get the refurbished replacement iPad home, you can set it up from the backup that was made earlier. This will download everything from your broken iPad onto the replacement.
P.S. syncing the iPad with iTunes on your computer creates the backup.

Most reactions

Latest posts