What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buzzing sound like a phone brr brr

Gremlin56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi for the last week at midnight my ipad seems to go off like a brr brr sound about 7 times loudly, even although as far as I am aware I have not set anything up. It's driving my husband mad. Any ideas. Thanks.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Id check into notifications, calandar and reminders and see if anything has changed to notify you. Also look into any other apps that might be able to give you a buzzing notification.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In addition to the good advice above, go into Settings>Sounds and within each of the different sounds, see that whatever you have checked is the same sound you are hearing. You may then get an idea what kind of app may be notifying you. Some game apps may come in later with notifications. If it comes on at a set time could it be a clock/alarm app?

OP
Gremlin56

Gremlin56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I appreciate your advice, I have tried making sure all the notifications and alerts for every app I have are turned off. Also I tried to listen to all my sounds and none of them have the same sound, as the brr brr sound that my ipad make at midnight. Also the alarm on the clock which I did not even know I had. It says no alarm set.

I do not know what else to turn off. This has only been happening the last week. HELP ANYBODY PLEASE..

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I appreciate your advice, I have tried making sure all the notifications and alerts for every app I have are turned off. Also I tried to listen to all my sounds and none of them have the same sound, as the brr brr sound that my ipad make at midnight. Also the alarm on the clock which I did not even know I had. It says no alarm set.

I do not know what else to turn off. This has only been happening the last week. HELP ANYBODY PLEASE..

Let me suggest a couple of more steps, and see how you go. (sorry if you already know this)
A) Clear out your RAM with apps still hanging around, and this will not harm any app. Double press on your Home button, or do a four-finger upward swipe when you will see all the apps you have used lately in the task bar bottom row. Hold down on any of them until they all start to jiggle. Then press on the"X" on each of them and then: Edit: Should have said minus sign.
B) Reset (like reboot) your iPad by simultaneously holding down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding, ignore any On slider, until the white Apple logo appears. Keep staring at chewed up piece of fruit until your Home wallpaper appears and slide to On. That often helps with a recalcitrant app. Howd'ya go?
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Gremlin56

Gremlin56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi just want to say Thanks I followed your advice and got rid of all my ram apps and reset my ipad, which seemed to do the trick. So Thanks again from a newbie.

Most reactions

Latest posts