What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying the "New iPad"?

Would you buy the "New iPad"?

• Total voters

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having a great display is awesome but I like to stick with my two years rule upgrade with Apple products!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

LoveRem36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My message flew the coop. I have to buy the new one because I only had my iPad 1 two months when they launched #2.
you can imagine my total dismay. The price was the same but the #2 offered so much more such as cameras. Now a lot of apps require iPad 2 and I can't get them. So I feel I have to buy version 3
I don't understand whether iCloud comes with it or not and I hate that nothing comes with Apple products, you have to buy every adaptor cover etc. It really adds up. Can I load iCloud and IOS into my iPad 1?
Thanks to whomever replies

OP
Destroyer

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCloud only works on iOS devices with iOS 5.0 version or greater.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Destroyer said:
Having a great display is awesome but I like to stick with my two years rule upgrade with Apple products!!

Makes very good sense!!!

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got my iPad 2 about 2 months ago...so no the new iPad just isn't worth it for me. I have thought about buying a larger iPad 2 though now that the prices dropped. I have the 16gb & it would be nice to step up to a 32gb...at least when the iPad 4 come out (you know, the NEW new iPad ;-) I know to get a 32gb or larger. I'm so used to Android where you can just buy another SD card if you run out of space...or even use a USB flash drive...

Merleab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered my new iPad on Weds. Night! The AV and Photo features are going to be great!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a gamer. Not worth the hype or res. love the 4g hotspot option tho. Wish could port 1080.

Jones_jt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am buying the new one for my wife (that's what I am telling her anyway lol), I didn't upgrade my iPad 1 for the 2 - didn't seem a big enough jump up.

Jowls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will definitely buy the new one next time but I don't see any reason to upgrade from my trusty iPad 2 for no other reason...

OP
Destroyer

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly now we have a high resolution screen, kind of better camera the next model it would be a most have..!!

Jason85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the iPad 3 on release day. I am sadly not impressed by it. The retina display improvement over the old screen is not as cool as I thought it would be. I also did not notice an improvement in processor speed. But all I use it for is netflix, angry birds and surfing.

The leap from iPad 1 to iPad 2 was amazing. The jump from iPad 2 to iPad 3 is more like a step for me.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jason85 said:
I got the iPad 3 on release day. I am sadly not impressed by it. The retina display improvement over the old screen is not as cool as I thought it would be. I also did not notice an improvement in processor speed. But all I use it for is netflix, angry birds and surfing.

The leap from iPad 1 to iPad 2 was amazing. The jump from iPad 2 to iPad 3 is more like a step for me.

Really, you are the first person I have heard that is disappointed with it. Did you sell / give away your 2?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

d1am0nds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will not buy the new Ipad

I think i'll wait for the next gen.

Most reactions

Latest posts