What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying iPhone from AT&T vs Apple

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been agonizing over whether to buy a new iPhone 4S or now. If I do decide to buy it, I can buy it from AT&T or Apple. Both have retail outlets locally, but there are more AT&T stores, thus more convenient.

A coworker says he prefers to buy direct from Apple when buying Apple products. Is there any disadvantage buying from AT&T in case I have warranty issues? An AT&T rep told me I still get Apple Care and the first year and can renew it when the year is up. Is this true?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine from Sprint and got Apple care. I don't think it really matters where you pick it up at. If anything goes wrong the cell company will just refer you to Apple so I would say if it is more convenient get it at ATT but if you want better information or even help setting it up go to Apple.

Most reactions