What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying from a big box store caveats?

bgeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering around BestBuy.com and came across their sale of the ipad2 for $299, but of course "out of stock online" :-(
Did some searching and found that good old Wal-Mart.com had them in stock for same price + free shipping. Humm . . .
Since my 7 1/2 yr old Dell inspiron seems to be slower than ever and I am impressed with the ipad2 Santa gave to wifie,
I ordered it. Should I be concerned with maybe being a gray market item?
Am I paranoid? LOL

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wal-Mart is not grey market.
Be sure to register your purchase with Apple, and you can get the AppleCare as a back up.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was wondering around BestBuy.com and came across their sale of the ipad2 for $299, but of course "out of stock online" :-(
Did some searching and found that good old Wal-Mart.com had them in stock for same price + free shipping. Humm . . .

With either of these stores above, you should be fine and the price is a good deal - at the Apple Store, the iPad 2 lists @ $399; NOW, this is for Wi-Fi only and also just 16 GB (hope that storage amount is adequate for you?). I've had an iPad 2 for nearly 3 yrs now - not sure how much longer Apple will offer that model? Maybe the lower price reflects some upcoming announcement - don't know. Hope that your enjoy - Dave :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With either of these stores above, you should be fine and the price is a good deal - at the Apple Store, the iPad 2 lists @ $399; NOW, this is for Wi-Fi only and also just 16 GB (hope that storage amount is adequate for you?). I've had an iPad 2 for nearly 3 yrs now - not sure how much longer Apple will offer that model? Maybe the lower price reflects some upcoming announcement - don't know. Hope that your enjoy - Dave :)

There have been rumours that Apple are ceasing production of the iPad 2 so I do think these lower prices are reflecting that.

Most reactions

Latest posts