1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Buying from a big box store caveats?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by bgeman, Mar 16, 2014.

1. bgeman

bgeman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was wondering around BestBuy.com and came across their sale of the ipad2 for $299, but of course "out of stock online" :-(
    Did some searching and found that good old Wal-Mart.com had them in stock for same price + free shipping. Humm . . .
    Since my 7 1/2 yr old Dell inspiron seems to be slower than ever and I am impressed with the ipad2 Santa gave to wifie,
    I ordered it. Should I be concerned with maybe being a gray market item?
    Am I paranoid? LOL
  2. chinajon

chinajon iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Wal-Mart is not grey market.
    Be sure to register your purchase with Apple, and you can get the AppleCare as a back up.
  3. bgeman

bgeman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    With either of these stores above, you should be fine and the price is a good deal - at the Apple Store, the iPad 2 lists @ $399; NOW, this is for Wi-Fi only and also just 16 GB (hope that storage amount is adequate for you?). I've had an iPad 2 for nearly 3 yrs now - not sure how much longer Apple will offer that model? Maybe the lower price reflects some upcoming announcement - don't know. Hope that your enjoy - Dave :)
  5. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,315 / 0
    There have been rumours that Apple are ceasing production of the iPad 2 so I do think these lower prices are reflecting that.