What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying books

cincy rick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought a book on ibooks, it says its downloaded but I can't open it, and the book icon doesn't look like its downloaded. Any ideas?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go back into the book store and download again under the "purchased" button

-t

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know whether this is related to your book problem:

I've noticed that iBooks won't download over 3G if they pass a certain size. (I don't know what the tipping point is.) The book cover will appear on your bookshelf, but the book won't be downloaded till you have a wi-fi connection. I'm guessing the problem is with books with a significant number of images. I had it happen with a travel book and a history book.

By contrast, I've never had that happen with books from Amazon/Kindle, B&N/Nook, etc., but those books have had relatively few images, and they were all in black and white, as with historic photos.

OP
C

cincy rick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas

I did actually go to the purchased books section, thinking I would re-submit it. The icon was shaded and wouldn't allow me to do anything. I bought a sample book by the same author hoping that when it downloaded the sample it would complete the download of the first book. It did, just as I hoped.

Thanks again for the help.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Don't know whether this is related to your book problem:

I've noticed that iBooks won't download over 3G if they pass a certain size. (I don't know what the tipping point is.) The book cover will appear on your bookshelf, but the book won't be downloaded till you have a wi-fi connection. I'm guessing the problem is with books with a significant number of images. I had it happen with a travel book and a history book.

By contrast, I've never had that happen with books from Amazon/Kindle, B&N/Nook, etc., but those books have had relatively few images, and they were all in black and white, as with historic photos.

Correct! The "tipping point" is 20MB.

Most reactions

Latest posts