What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying books on itunes

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm new to buying books on itunes.
My question is: If I buy a book on itunes site (Store), is that book only for the person that ordered it. Can it be shared with the rest of the families tablets.
My family isn't to consistent with their tablets, we have an Ipad, a Kobo and a Samsung.
Would I be able to share it with all these tablets?
If not where would one buy a book that can be shared?
Thank you.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, let me take a first 'crack' here - now in jest, you probably should just buy the hard copy, read the book, and then pass it along - :D

First, if you buy a book via iBooks and the same Apple ID assigned to a number of your iDevices, then that book can be downloaded to any shared ID device.

Second, if say your 'family' has iDevices and separate Apple IDs, then you can now use Family Sharing, so another option.

Finally and the most difficult, i.e. owning a mixture of different brands and models - likely will be difficult - my wife first owned a Nook and made book purchases, she apparently was able w/ an app to get these onto her newer iPad Mini - don't know the details but hopefully others will 'chime in' w/ suggestions. Dave :)

Most reactions