What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying an iPad for someone abroad

Carmenoranda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Would like to buy my mother who lives abroad a replacement iPad. I was wondering if this is a good idea and whether this would affect the warranty and any service if something goes wrong.

Thank you

Great regards

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, Carmenoranda!

Apple may restrict warranty service for the iPad to the country of purchase but while you may possibly be able to get service, it's not guaranteed. If you purchase AppleCare+ for the iPad, service is global.
One major issue with buying an iPad in one country and using it in another country is that it won't come with the proper plug adaptor for the country you intend to use it in. You'll have to purchase the proper plug adaptor at extra cost.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is a good point I think iPads are region locked to there country of origin. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is a good point I think iPads are region locked to there country of origin. I'm not 100% sure on that though.
An iPad can be used anywhere in the world, no matter where you purchased it. The only issue is making sure you have the correct plug adaptor for whatever country you’re in.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Carmenoranda >>a replacement iPad...

scifan57 >>the correct plug adaptor for whatever country you’re in...

Depending upon the models, she may therefore have the correct adaptor already.

Most reactions

Latest posts