What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying a used ipad

Christi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm buying a used one and just wanted to make sure that I will need to reset it back to the factory settings to sync it with my itunes like an ipod. Which means that I won't be able to use any apps that are on it from the past user, correct? He also said that I could use the rest of the month of 3G that he had. Can I do that without his password and will I be able to prepay using that sim card on my own account in the future?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Christi said:
I'm buying a used one and just wanted to make sure that I will need to reset it back to the factory settings to sync it with my itunes like an ipod. Which means that I won't be able to use any apps that are on it from the past user, correct? He also said that I could use the rest of the month of 3G that he had. Can I do that without his password and will I be able to prepay using that sim card on my own account in the future?

1) Correct, you cannot use the previous buyers apps.

2) If it is prepaid, then yes, you can simply leave the SIM inside and browse the internet and once you run out of data get a topup, either via Voucher, or by paying online. The payment methods may depend on your provider. There is no password, or PIN for these type of SIMs.

Most reactions