What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy Ipad 3 now or wait till Sept Keynote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakersOToole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy the Ipad 3 as my first Ipad, but I'm worried by some rumors saying that Apple might announce some updates to the Ipad at the Sept. 12 announcement.
Check out the rumor here: New Details On Apple’s Next iPhone, iPods, iPad mini, iPad (4th-Gen) + Cases | iLounge Backstage
I've also seen the rumor in a couple other places. They're saying there may be changes to the battery and an IGZO screen update to make the ipad thinner and lighter and solve the charging/battery heat problems.

Do you think these rumors of an update might be true? I want to get an Ipad asap, but I don't want to buy one now and have a new one be released in less than a month. I was also planning on buying a refurb model to save some money, but obviously wouldn't be able to to do that with a newly released model.

Thanks!

OP
S

SneakersOToole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, besides the fact that I just can't wait to get my hands on my first Ipad, I'm in college and will be going back to school September 19th. So if I wait till after the Keynote to order, the updated version might not be released till after I go back to school where it's harder to get to a store which will be more complicated. Hence my reluctance to simply wait till September.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are no battery and heating problems. Apple does need to update its products on a faster cycle, however, so a september refresh work be best, so it would be good if it happened. It is not much of a wait.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd wait. Your return to school and possible delay in getting an iPad is a short-term problem. If you bought now and a better one came out, you'd face a longer-term situation.

Besides, with a credit card and an Internet connection, you'll be able to order any new iPad as soon as sales begin, and be among the first to get one.

The latest model iPad was relatively easy to get at stores even during the first weeks, vs. the previous two models. More people are realizing that ordering online as soon as sales start is easy, and you get it delivered. So fewer people have to storm stores for iPads. Plus, there are more places selling iPads from day one than before. Best Buy, Target and Wal-Mart will have them, for instance, as well as Apple stores.

And if a new full-size iPad were announced, refurb and used-iPad prices would probably fall.

zodiak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy the Ipad 3 as my first Ipad, but I'm worried by some rumors saying that Apple might announce some updates to the Ipad at the Sept. 12 announcement.
Check out the rumor here: New Details On Apple’s Next iPhone, iPods, iPad mini, iPad (4th-Gen) + Cases | iLounge Backstage
I've also seen the rumor in a couple other places. They're saying there may be changes to the battery and an IGZO screen update to make the ipad thinner and lighter and solve the charging/battery heat problems.

Do you think these rumors of an update might be true? I want to get an Ipad asap, but I don't want to buy one now and have a new one be released in less than a month. I was also planning on buying a refurb model to save some money, but obviously wouldn't be able to to do that with a newly released model.

Thanks!
Where can you buy refurb ipad3? I'm interested in that

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would be surprised if a new full size came out this fast., it's unlikely ... However there is speculation on a 7" model

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks!
Huh? Besides perhaps a 7” iPad, I haven't heard anything about a refresher for the current iPad to be released in September. They must have meant for 2013. Also, there are no charging issues.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

saulos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think we will see a "new" iPad so fast, they probably present the small 7" iPad :) and "I hope" the updated iMac and of course the iPhone X :eek:

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
To you nay sayers:
I read of your discounting a new full sized iPad, but if you look at the videos available on YouTube, you'll soon notice that there is a an iPad model being used, that doesn't have the black or white border around the screen.

So it would definitely appear to me, that there IS actually is a very new large format iPad on the horizon and it will be fuller sized than current issue.
What say ye ? Please only make further comment AFTER seeing the videos.

I get a huge kick out of reading a few comments from the wise forum moderators on here, posting disagreeable thoughts, personal feelings aside, about near future updated versions of the marvelous technology, yet they don't have any factual info to back up their comments.

With all due respect unto you dear folks, unless you are Apple Corp. insiders, and I know that you aren't : ] Please don't deny the rumors if you actually have no insightful information...
That's unfair to us day dreamers and wandering minds. Ah, & oh please, allow us mortals the freedom to hope.

Gee, thanks for playing the game by the rules of fair chase,,,.

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

Last edited:

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
What videos?

Hi AQ_OC,
Good Morning sunshine...
Video, you want video, proof of my valor?
Ah ok, let me share with you one in particular, of which I have already made mention of, on this forum, in another thread discussing this same topic.
Seek a video on YouTube titled: New iPad 3 Concept Features or lightly touch here
Now please remember this is only a concept video,... but where else do new exotic cars and motorcycles begin, cameras and other gear as well begin and are born?

MODERATED: No external links or advertising for ones company!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess now, my new iPad 3 is actually only an iPad 2S

It says iPad 3, unless my vision and mind both are failing me prematurely.
That would make three things that are of premature progression of my self...Smile

As I'm definitely Not trying to debate or argue with others here, only just trying to push my point forwards.
And hoping that this larger screen beauty is realized someday soon, and actually comes to fruition.
If not this next new generation coming to an Apple Store soon, perhaps the most awesome iPad, to follow it.

Apple, and aatmastudio, please don't tease me...

Sorry to step lightly, on others toes so soon, my being relatively new here, but if this is where it goes, so be it.
If I'm wrong, tuff luck for my hopes and dreams too.

Please enjoy thee video kids!!

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions