Buy Ipad 3 now or wait till Sept Keynote?

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by SneakersOToole, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SneakersOToole

SneakersOToole iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking to buy the Ipad 3 as my first Ipad, but I'm worried by some rumors saying that Apple might announce some updates to the Ipad at the Sept. 12 announcement.
    Check out the rumor here: New Details On Apple’s Next iPhone, iPods, iPad mini, iPad (4th-Gen) + Cases | iLounge Backstage
    I've also seen the rumor in a couple other places. They're saying there may be changes to the battery and an IGZO screen update to make the ipad thinner and lighter and solve the charging/battery heat problems.

Do you think these rumors of an update might be true? I want to get an Ipad asap, but I don't want to buy one now and have a new one be released in less than a month. I was also planning on buying a refurb model to save some money, but obviously wouldn't be able to to do that with a newly released model.

Thanks!
  2. SneakersOToole

SneakersOToole iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also, besides the fact that I just can't wait to get my hands on my first Ipad, I'm in college and will be going back to school September 19th. So if I wait till after the Keynote to order, the updated version might not be released till after I go back to school where it's harder to get to a store which will be more complicated. Hence my reluctance to simply wait till September.
  3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    There are no battery and heating problems. Apple does need to update its products on a faster cycle, however, so a september refresh work be best, so it would be good if it happened. It is not much of a wait.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    I'd wait. Your return to school and possible delay in getting an iPad is a short-term problem. If you bought now and a better one came out, you'd face a longer-term situation.

Besides, with a credit card and an Internet connection, you'll be able to order any new iPad as soon as sales begin, and be among the first to get one.

The latest model iPad was relatively easy to get at stores even during the first weeks, vs. the previous two models. More people are realizing that ordering online as soon as sales start is easy, and you get it delivered. So fewer people have to storm stores for iPads. Plus, there are more places selling iPads from day one than before. Best Buy, Target and Wal-Mart will have them, for instance, as well as Apple stores.

And if a new full-size iPad were announced, refurb and used-iPad prices would probably fall.
  5. zodiak

zodiak iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where can you buy refurb ipad3? I'm interested in that
  6. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
  7. Patrizia_NC

Patrizia_NC iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I would be surprised if a new full size came out this fast., it's unlikely ... However there is speculation on a 7" model
  8. devGOD

devGOD iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no new iPad is coming... just iPhone 5
  9. goofy8275

goofy8275 iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Huh? Besides perhaps a 7” iPad, I haven't heard anything about a refresher for the current iPad to be released in September. They must have meant for 2013. Also, there are no charging issues.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  10. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,522 / 1
  11. saulos

saulos iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think we will see a "new" iPad so fast, they probably present the small 7" iPad :) and "I hope" the updated iMac and of course the iPhone X :eek:
  12. Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Hi,
    To you nay sayers:
    I read of your discounting a new full sized iPad, but if you look at the videos available on YouTube, you'll soon notice that there is a an iPad model being used, that doesn't have the black or white border around the screen.

So it would definitely appear to me, that there IS actually is a very new large format iPad on the horizon and it will be fuller sized than current issue.
    What say ye ? Please only make further comment AFTER seeing the videos.

I get a huge kick out of reading a few comments from the wise forum moderators on here, posting disagreeable thoughts, personal feelings aside, about near future updated versions of the marvelous technology, yet they don't have any factual info to back up their comments.

With all due respect unto you dear folks, unless you are Apple Corp. insiders, and I know that you aren't : ] Please don't deny the rumors if you actually have no insightful information...
    That's unfair to us day dreamers and wandering minds. Ah, & oh please, allow us mortals the freedom to hope.

Gee, thanks for playing the game by the rules of fair chase,,,.

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  13. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    What videos?
  14. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
  15. Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Hi AQ_OC,
    Good Morning sunshine...
    Video, you want video, proof of my valor?
    Ah ok, let me share with you one in particular, of which I have already made mention of, on this forum, in another thread discussing this same topic.
    Seek a video on YouTube titled: New iPad 3 Concept Features or lightly touch here
    Now please remember this is only a concept video,... but where else do new exotic cars and motorcycles begin, cameras and other gear as well begin and are born?

MODERATED: No external links or advertising for ones company!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess now, my new iPad 3 is actually only an iPad 2S

It says iPad 3, unless my vision and mind both are failing me prematurely.
    That would make three things that are of premature progression of my self...Smile

As I'm definitely Not trying to debate or argue with others here, only just trying to push my point forwards.
    And hoping that this larger screen beauty is realized someday soon, and actually comes to fruition.
    If not this next new generation coming to an Apple Store soon, perhaps the most awesome iPad, to follow it.

Apple, and aatmastudio, please don't tease me...

Sorry to step lightly, on others toes so soon, my being relatively new here, but if this is where it goes, so be it.
    If I'm wrong, tuff luck for my hopes and dreams too.

Please enjoy thee video kids!!

Chas

16. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    I think the video is a cool concept that is wishful thinking in the short term, which is what we're talking about on this thread.
  17. Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Hi Kaykaykay,
    Yes indeed it's just and only a concept. But when I watched it for the very first time it was telecast on Entertainment Tonight.
    And their own speculation was of thee very positive nature. So, perhaps there is actually some validity to this forecast.

Let us wait and see, with all fingers and toes crossed...

I'm of a rather hopeful nature concerning this, as opposed to being a Doubting Thomas!!
    Ah, but with no ammunition to defend my current strong hold position.

The video is compelling.

Chas

18. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,522 / 1
    The videos are very nicely executed works of fantasy that don't appear to be based on anything Apple is working on producing anytime soon. As entertainment they're very good. As a forecast of what's realistically coming from Apple in the next few years,they don't cut it.
  19. Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Hi scifan57,

Well yes, but that's only your honest opinion. And thanks for sharing your truthful thoughts.
    Do you have contrary evidence, Or only your heartfelt feelings?

It's lovely to get into mortal combat too, but if you don't bring your own weapons, what will become of you in round three?
    This is nothing more than idle chatter, from both and many of us, within these hallowed Forum walls. So lets get down to brass tacks, shall we?
    I provided the video, what did you bring to the large conference table? Notta. So where does that leave us, being no where closer to reality than before this discussion began to being, just getting started.

I'm very open minded and willing to look forward with every opportunity to be blown away.
    Unlike others who seem to be so very narrow minded, but with the awesome ability to look through the key hole with both eyes...
    With all due respect, bring validity to your argument,. please?

Say ye what, good fellow?

Chas

20. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    September is just around the corner. Instead of making a decision based on rumors, just wait the 2.5 weeks for apples event to go on, then you can make your decision. So my opinion, wait :]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.