What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy iPad 2 at apple store immediately?

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know you have to wait a while online, but can you just walk into an apple store and buy an iPad? I was told by a friend who lives near a store, you can

OP
D

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers. I'm off to buy one

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Australia if you log on to Apple.com.au. Then link iPad , then reserve pick a Apple store and select you will see a list of iPads available usually it states unavailable all models however if log on exactly 9 pm or may be 1 minute past all of a sudden you may see what stock is available at Apple store. Select the one you want hit reserve fill in Apple Id, password accept and bingo it is yours They will advise when to pick up from store usually next day and no other choice. For the record I did this and picked up next day at Robina Qld..... I found out they had about 250 sold in a space of 5 minutes on line reserved. Now that is big business. The trick is to log on exactly 9pm and not much later as according to my contact at Apple they receive limited quantities of iPads every day for each store and this is the only way at least in Australia you can get one fast. Hope this helps my fellow Aussies.

Ladibug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had ordered mine online but kept looking. Best Buy had the one I wanted a couple days later and held it for same day pick up. It was simple to cancel my online order since Apple doesn't charge you until your item is shipped. So instead of waiting 3 weeks I really only waited 3 days, but I had the online order just in case.

Tom811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up my new ipad2 at a apple store about a week after they came out. The secret is to get there about an hour before the store opens. A apple employee came out, asked what model you wanted and handed you a card. He did that until he ran out of (cards) stock. Pay and ejoy.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen boxes of ipad2's in harrods hmv, which is in the 4th floor

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.1

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine at a Sam's Club about 4 weeks ago. I was there on a Saturday and just happened to ask if/when they think they'd get a 2 in. The guy told me to call in the morning during the week because they never know what's coming in.

I called on the day he told me and he said the truck just arrived and to come on in while they unloaded. They were really nice about it and happened to have what I was looking for, a 32 with 3g.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In Australia if you log on to Apple.com.au. Then link iPad , then reserve pick a Apple store and select you will see a list of iPads available usually it states unavailable all models however if log on exactly 9 pm or may be 1 minute past all of a sudden you may see what stock is available at Apple store. Select the one you want hit reserve fill in Apple Id, password accept and bingo it is yours They will advise when to pick up from store usually next day and no other choice. For the record I did this and picked up next day at Robina Qld..... I found out they had about 250 sold in a space of 5 minutes on line reserved. Now that is big business. The trick is to log on exactly 9pm and not much later as according to my contact at Apple they receive limited quantities of iPads every day for each store and this is the only way at least in Australia you can get one fast. Hope this helps my fellow Aussies.

Tried this here 'up above';) and no joy:(. But thanks for the tease!:D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I stood in line a half hour before they owned, was about 15 ahead of me. Another 15 or so behind me. We all got a ipad2, though all may not got what they would have liked. They even had some left, though I don't know which.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Tried this here 'up above';) and no joy:(. But thanks for the tease!:D

I believe this option is Australia only because we have only a few Apple store retail shops

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lucky in Houston

Guess I was lucky. Two weeks ago I walked into a Houston TX area Apple store and bought my 32 GB iPad 2 with Verizon 3G & WiFi, in a black frame. No reservation or advance order or standing in line; was waited on directly and expertly. Other models were available but this was what I wanted. Voila'...
:cool:

Most reactions

Latest posts