What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy apps with Paypal

Lucky Pierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to be able to buy apps, via my iPad, and pay with PayPal.
The options to pay do not include PayPal.
I don't particularly want to start-up my computer to do this via iTunes.
Thanks

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's an interesting query. I wonder if you would be able to buy some gift cards via PayPal and enter them into your iPad iTunes account. I've never checked it out if you CNN get iTunes cards on Amazon and just get the code in the email. If you could there might be a "not returnable" clause built in.
Have you checked on the Apple website to see if there is a way to pay with PayPal?

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pulled the following from another forum and it seems to work: "This worked for me....Strange, looking back, I did exactly what my IPAD told me to do...but the error on the screen was not clear.

1. login to Itunes from your computer
2. Verify that your device is connected. If not, resolve that issue.
3. Go to Store from the menu bar, and select Search
4. Search for the same application you were trying to install on your Ipad.
5. From here, I don't recall the exact steps, but it was easy, just follow the prompts. In my case, this happened when I changed my password in Paypal. I had to "reaffirm" it was me, authorizing the payment. Thank you Apple, for taking care of me, again.

Thank you OrangeMarlin, for forcing me to "read my screen". I am bugged however, by apple not answering these forums/creating error messages that are clearer and more "user friendly"

The thread in its entirity: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2567347?start=45&tstart=0

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
I believe the U.S. iTunes store offers the "PayPal"
option. It doesn't appear to be available in Canada where I am.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I haven't seen it either.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is possible to get a PayPal prepaid MasterCard. I'm betting that would work.

Though iTunes Gift Cards might be easier in the short term.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you know if there's a list of jurisdictions / countries, where iTunes is PayPal friendly?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Afraid not. I hadn't even noticed it as an option; but I haven't had reason to create an iTunes account in a long-long time.

The MasterCard, being a Debit card through MasterCard but funded through PayPal, should bypass the issue; but I'm not sure. You would select the credit card option and choose MasterCard.

Most reactions