What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Button sounds

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I somehow I turned off the sounds the buttons make when you are typing. I like hearing that little clicking sound when I type but I can not figure out how to turn it back on. Also when I click to send email it no longer goes swoosh. It's not a big deal. I just like hearing it. I don't know how I turned it off but I would like to have it on. Any help would be appreciated

Steve

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

It's here, in the Settings App.....

image-636091684.jpg

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I somehow I turned off the sounds the buttons make when you are typing. I like hearing that little clicking sound when I type but I can not figure out how to turn it back on. Also when I click to send email it no longer goes swoosh. It's not a big deal. I just like hearing it. I don't know how I turned it off but I would like to have it on. Any help would be appreciated

Steve

Try going to Settings>Sounds>Keyboard Clicks and make sure that the switch is set to on.

image-1089816087.jpg

OP
Patrick9654

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uh oh I may have a problem then because those switches are turned on. So maybe it is not something I did with out knowing. Are there any other possibilities other than maybe getting an appointment at an apple store?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Uh oh I may have a problem then because those switches are turned on. So maybe it is not something I did with out knowing. Are there any other possibilities other than maybe getting an appointment at an apple store?

No, no problem Patrick. Do this and it should fix it provided those switches are on.
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
How'd you go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Patrick9654

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yikes! Unfortunately still not working. It's not a big deal. It is just a feature I like
Thanks for the suggestion though
Steve

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yikes! Unfortunately still not working. It's not a big deal. It is just a feature I like
Steve

Lost for words myself Patrick ;) except to say make sure that in Settings>Sounds the sound slider is not too far to the left and that the sound toggle button on the edge of your iPad is up high emough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve

Sometimes, just sometimes, you need to toggle the switch on then off again.......I have no idea why but sometimes it just works!

The Archangel

OP
Patrick9654

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah all other sounds work that's why it is not a big deal. I am going to try the last couple suggestions and see what happens.

Thanks,
Steve

OP
Patrick9654

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I gave these suggestions all a try, but no change so far. The good news is I have sound for everything else, videos, music games etc. so this isn't like a huge issues. It's just something I am used to hearing. I may be going by an apple store later in the week but this is not important enough to make a special trip. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. If you can think of anything else I am all ears.
Steve

Most reactions

Latest posts