What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Button for closing out apps

Doubleyolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad2 button for closing out apps works intermittently. I have done a full reset and no change. Sometimes it will work once or twice after turning it off and on. Your help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Give this a shot: How To: Recalibrate Your iDevice's Home Button -- AppAdvice

If recalibrating your Home Button does not work you may have a hardware issue. If your iPad is still in warrantee Apple should replace or fix it for free; otherwise it will cost money.

There are some third party repair services that are cheaper than Apple, but if you choose to use one be sure they are 1) Apple certified, and 2) have a reliable reputation.

Good luck.

OP
D

Doubleyolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I tried your fix and it didn't work for me. I'm off to Apple tomorrow to have them check it out. I still have a warranty until 12/19, how's that for getting in under the wire. Again thanks for your help.

OP
D

Doubleyolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took my iPad back to the Apple Store and they replaced it and will allow me $175.00 towards a iPad three if I want to upgrade it. It was a pleasure to deal with them.

Most reactions

Latest posts