Busted iPad (3rd time)! Anyone used this tough case before?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by takuman, Jul 12, 2012.

1. takuman

takuman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi people! My kids busted my iPad for the third time. I got the screen replaced 3 TIMES! I am tired of this and was scouting for a bullet proof case (well that doesn't exist) so I narrowed down to the Survivor Apparently its a good Military-Duty Case built with armored material that would protect the ipad even if my kids throw them on the ground...
    Any reviews ?

Attached Files:

• 491A0.jpg
      491A0.jpg
      File size:
      612.6 KB
      Views:
    • ee.jpg
      ee.jpg
      File size:
      3.8 KB
      Views:
  2. blond

blond iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Was it free to replace

3. Wokiebear

Wokiebear iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Sounds like its time to replace the kids....seriously, maybe some supervision or time out is in order.

• Like Like x 1
  4. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,303 / 1
    Also the Gumdrop cases are very good. A friend of mine bought one of those for his young son who is Autistic. Works great he says after many "drop test!"

But really, cracked screen 3 times...Yeeeesh!! I think I would have had 3 heart attacks if that happened to my iPad!!

5. Quizzer2093

Quizzer2093 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Cracked screen three times.. Knock on wood, never had a cracked screen, and I have dropped my iPad on pavement, cement, the floor. I used to nt have it in case but now I use the gumdrop one

Sent from my iPad (ios6 Beta2) using iPF

6. axis

axis iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    If my iPad is going to end up on the floor at some point in its life I want YOU to be the one to drop it Quizzer, a very lucky fellow indeed.

7. tekki

tekki iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use the survivor case and I love it, however I have never dropped my iPad. I spend a ton of time at baseball fields and with all the dust flying around it keeps it nice and clean. I would recommend the case.

8. axis

axis iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Looks like I need to consider a more rugged case for outdoor use (I use a leather folio case), I hadn't really considered it but as I am a youth football (soccer) coach in my spare time I planned to take my iPad out in the field as a training aid (view video, show tactics, formations etc). I just know it will end up dropped or kicked about in the kit bag.

9. tekki

tekki iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To be honest I have the new iPad with the survivor case and I use it to score our baseball games with game changer app. I chose this case because it completely encloses the iPad, well almost completely to keep the baseball field dust out. It has kept the dust out great. I also have a playbook with a ballistic case, this case doesn't fully enclose the playbook but i feel the ballistic case would definitely protect my tablet if it was dropped because it has much thicker rubber corners just for that.

Google ballistic cases. I love both cases but for different reasons.

I hope this helps.

10. michali

michali iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    You did not say whether you had to pay to replace the screen but apart from replacing the kids, as Wokiebear suggests :), would it not be better to give that ipad to them, buy yourself a new one and ban your new one from the kids?!

11. RW2112

RW2112 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also use the survivor case. I have parkinson's and am prone to drop things on occasion so the gripiness <sp?> of the survivor helps me maintain my hold on it much better. I do also like how it is completely enclosed from things. Not dropped it yet but am sure the rubberized shell will protect it if I do.

12. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,391 / 2
    I use the Survivor case myself. I've dropped it several times with absolutely no damage.

image-36525431.jpg

13. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,391 / 2
    Maybe you need this case,it survived a fall from 100,000 feet with no damage to the iPad.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  14. Quizzer2093

Quizzer2093 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Nice case, been looking for a good case for awhile. Thinking probably will be getting new iPad in a couple months, and will definitely get a case with it

Sent from my iPad (ios6 Beta2) using iPF

15. takuman

takuman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks peeps! Forgot to mention, it was two iPads . You see I had one at first and my kid dropped it from the stroller face down on the pavement over a stone now that not only crack the screen it ripped the innards the shop couldnt get the parts.. Apple do not repair but does a 1 to 1 replacement with a fee! Over 400usd! I scrapped that iPad. Bought
    Myself another one and my kid dropped it when sitting at the table . It fell hitting the floor corner first.. It cracked ... Apple service also won't repair and wanted to charge me
    For replacement set.. So I replaced the screen at a small shop for 100 bucks.. And No more than a month later the little man was running with the iPad and fell... Lo and behold it cracked again!!!! Note that in between I changed several casing believing one was better than the other wtf!