What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulk sms & email app??

sgiridhar007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own an Ipad4 and an iphone5s. I need an app for bulk e-mail and bulk SMS. The requirements are:
1. The single app should be able to send bulk SMS and bulk e-mail.
2. The contact groups created by the app should be accessible by third party productivity apps like 'notability' for example. (i have observed that most apps for contact management create groups that are local to the app and hence are not visible from third party apps which open the native contacts app, when required to e-mail a document)

Please help. Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mailshot is the only app I know of that can create mail groups that can be accessed throughout the iPad. This is because it uses a trick to create mail groups in the native Contacts app. Since most other apps use the native Mail app to send stuff, those groups should be available in most third party apps.

The only way a non-native app could create something that is available in other apps is to have a cloud service than sync them, and that would require each app to subscribe to that service.

Mass marketing is not something you can easily do from an iPad.

On the other hand, there are probably website/services for this, and you might be able to manage that site from an iPad.

Afraid that's all I can contribute to this subject.

OP
S

sgiridhar007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mailshot is the only app I know of that can create mail groups that can be accessed throughout the iPad. This is because it uses a trick to create mail groups in the native Contacts app. Since most other apps use the native Mail app to send stuff, those groups should be available in most third party apps.

The only way a non-native app could create something that is available in other apps is to have a cloud service than sync them, and that would require each app to subscribe to that service.

Mass marketing is not something you can easily do from an iPad.

On the other hand, there are probably website/services for this, and you might be able to manage that site from an iPad.

Afraid that's all I can contribute to this subject.

First of all, thanks a ton for ur quick reply.

What u say is true. The mailshot team told me the same thing. So i bought it
And i shud say it works flawless.

For bulk sms, i bought the app 'groups@'. Its drag and drop feature is awesome
To create groups.

Though i have to use two apps, my job gets done so smooth. No problems.
I thank you once again!

Most reactions

Latest posts