What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulk exporting iPad mail

pieemme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been travelling and carying my iPad along insyead of my computer. Now I'm back, I have messages, both sent and rceived, that are on my iPad and not on my computer. How can I export this mail to my computer without having to forward each single message?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you're account is IMAP you can delve into the Advanced settings of that account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; select your account. You should find the ability to have your Trash, Sent, and Draft (at the minimum) folders stored locally or on the server. Choose server. You can also create new folders on the server (either with the iPad or the website) and move emails there for better organization.
Exchange accounts will also allow you to create new synced folders on the server.

An Exchange account should already be saving all mail on the server.

POP accounts can do none of this. If your account is POP, check with your provider and see if they also supply an IMAP server, then switch. Switch all your devices and computer clients to IMAP to maintain maximum compatibility and syncing.

Most reactions

Latest posts