What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulk delete all images in camera roll

ddouglas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm using an iPad 2 running iOS 7.1 and I rather not update the OS at this time.

Is there a way to bulk delete the camera roll images without updating the OS or using iCloud? By bulk delete I mean: select all > delete. Hundreds of images are in my camera roll and I rather not delete them one at a time.

Thanks in advance

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that there's no way to bulk delete images from the camera roll. You can rapidly select all the images on a page and send them to trash at one time but you do have to individually select each image.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I remember, iOS 7 already had a Photos or Collections tab at the bottom. When you tap this, and see the Days view, tap "Select" at the top right. You'll find "Select" at the top of every day you took pictures afterwards. Tap this one and all the other ones as well. You'll notice that the images from the day you selected will be checkmarked, all of them. At the top left, the Trash icon will appear, so you can remove them as soon as all days are selected.
image.jpg

This is a screenshot from my iPad running iOS 8.3. It should look similar on your device.

Hope that helps.

OP
D

ddouglas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I remember, iOS 7 already had a Photos or Collections tab at the bottom. When you tap this, and see the Days view, tap "Select" at the top right. You'll find "Select" at the top of every day you took pictures afterwards. Tap this one and all the other ones as well. You'll notice that the images from the day you selected will be checkmarked, all of them. At the top left, the Trash icon will appear, so you can remove them as soon as all days are selected.
View attachment 64074
This is a screenshot from my iPad running iOS 8.3. It should look similar on your device.

Hope that helps.

That worked. BTW, the Collections tab is at top.

Thanks again

Most reactions