What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Built in Calendar App has Issue with Sunday-Saturday Event Entries

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad Air, WiFi with cellular capabilities, newsest iOS

I just noticed a strange quirk with the built in calendar app. There is an event from Feb 22-Feb 28, Sunday-Saturday. I put it into the caledar and it took just fine. I then touched it to edit it and the calendar app crashed. Just exited to the Home Screen. I opened it again and did it again. Same thing. Hard closed the app, same thing. Opened it again. Clicked another event, no problem. Touched the week long, Sun-Sat event, crashed.

Turned off my iPad Air completely. Opened the calendar, touched that Sunday-Saturday event. Crashed. Can't edit or delete it. Other events that are not Sunday-Saturday are fine.

Created another entry exactly like that one, same results, crashed. Created another for a different Sunday-Saturday, but a different week and month, and it also crashes.

I touched the end date of the Sunday-Saturday event and dragged the end date to Friday. Now the app can be touched, edited and deleted.

Put the end date back to Saturday, making it once again a Sunday through Saturday event. Can't touch it to open it to edit or delete, it crashes.

Created an event from MONDAY - SUNDAY. No issues. Apparently, if you enter an event that goes from a Sunday-Saturday, you cannot touch any day that event covers to open it to edit or delete it or the Calendar App that comes already installed on the iPad will crash. If you touch the end date and drag it to Friday, you can then delete it or edit it and then put the end date back to Saturday aftet you are finished editing it. When you want to delete it, move the end date to Friday.

It only happens with events from Sunday-Saturday that I can tell. Monday-Sunday, Tuesday-Monday, etc are all okay, as well as anything from Sunday that does not go through to Saturday.

Not sure about anything that goes from a Sunday and two Saturdays after.

Weird.

OP
C

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, wow, I just had it span two Saturdays. Crashed. I had to move the end date to the FIRST Friday in order to be able to delete or edit. You can't have a Sunday-Saturday event of any duration and have it operate properly in the built-in calendar app.

Been playing with it and making fake entries. Sometimes you can edit it by moving it to the Friday before the second Saturday and sometimes you have to move the end date to the Friday before the forst Saturday to edit or delete it without crashing the app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. Definitely a bug, or at least the same thing happens to me.

If you need to create and edit this span it seems to work fine if you are in Day or Week view. It's only the Month view that crashes; at least when I try it.

I rarely use the native app these days. Both Calendar 5 and Fantastical 2 are excellent third party apps that sync with the native Calendar app. I have a slight preference for Fantastical.

Most reactions

Latest posts