What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug in iOS 4.3.2?

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad 2 for almost two weeks now and noticed that there was a red dot that showed up on a black background. This dot was in the upper right of the screen about one inch down and one half inch in towards the center.

It was only apparent on black backgrounds.

I called apple and they told me that I should upgrade to iOS 4.3.3 from 4.3.2

They didn't think this would fix the problem but said that that would bee the first thing done if it was returned for service.

After upgrading this spot has disappeared. Has anyone else noticed this?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I would have thought that was a stuck pixel. It is not unusual for them to clear / heal themselves if the screen is exercised in the right way. I would really doubt the upgrade did it, but I could be wrong. Most likely just a happy coincidence.

OP
J

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it turns out that the "stuck pixel" is back.

I looked for quite some time changing the background to many different images to check and double check before posting earlier and didn't see anything. I came back to the iPad just now and it is BACK!

I guess my iPad that I have waited for since April 22nd and used for only a week and a half goes back to them for repair.

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar pixel problem.

OP
J

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looked around for an app to take a pic but couldn't find one. I have only been using my iPad for a short time. Is there any screenshot functionality built in to Apple's apps that shipped with the iPad?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
johnl316 said:
looked around for an app to take a pic but couldn't find one. I have only been using my iPad for a short time. Is there any screenshot functionality built in to Apple's apps that shipped with the iPad?

Press the home and power button together for a second. The pic is put in your photos app.

OP
J

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just took a few screen shots.

This red dot shows up best on a black background. I first noticed it when a screen was loading on a slow wifi connection. It shows up as a black dot on a red background and a red one on a black background. On other backgrounds it isn't noticeable or barely noticeable.

Attachments

• image-1799870259.png
    image-1799870259.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 348
  • image-2870873618.png
    image-2870873618.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 324
  • image-130898537.png
    image-130898537.png
    530.6 KB · Views: 360
  • image-4236150957.png
    image-4236150957.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 337
OP
J

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is located in the upper right about an inch or so down and about half an inch in if measured from the viewable part of the screen.

This isn't such a bad flaw, but because it is there I find myself looking for it all the time.

I did also notice that it shows up strongly at times and other times it isn't there at all.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I can see your screenshots are clean so it is a hardware flaw, likely a stuck pixel.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I can see your screenshots are clean so it is a hardware flaw, likely a stuck pixel.

Yep! I don't see any problem either(Anyone checking out the screenshots will think you are trying to show off your wallpapers..),its most likely your hardware flaw,just visit the blue guys and they will sort it out.

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts