What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Budegt / Finance apps

davidking1956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any good Budget / Finance apps?
Paid or free.
I saw an article today on the Zite magazine app which described an awesome new app called BUDGT (yes, spelling is correct), but I cannot find it in the App Store.

Thanks,

David.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's in the U.S. store. Maybe it's not available in the U.K. store.

I use an app called Budget Envelopes. It's not a full featured budget/finance manager. Instead it lets you assign amounts to various categories and track your spending against them. A modern version of the envelope budget method. It does what I want, which is to keep me aware of how much I'm spending, where I'm spending, and how much I have left before exceeding my limits.

The app is a universal (works on iPhone and iPad) and free to try. $2.99 if you want the full version.

I dont' use it, but Mint is almost always touted as the premier finance app for iOS. It's a combination of online services and apps. Might be worth your time to look at it. It's too much for me. With only once source of income and only one person spending it, my needs are simple.

OP
davidking1956

davidking1956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for your response.
I will look at your recommendations.
Maybe my needs are more - 1 income, but 4 females in the home looking to spend it all!

By the way, why is it that some apps are available in the US but not in the UK?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
By the way, why is it that some apps are available in the US but not in the UK?

You're welcome.

Mostly it's up to the developer to decide what stores/countries to sell an app in. There could be lots of reasons, but I'd suspect in the case of a financial app that they have not got around to building in support for non-U.S. currency. Better not to sell it than to tick off customers by lacking a feature necessary for that country.

Sometimes, it can be a matter of laws and/or regulations in a specific country. That is unlikely in this case.

Please let us know what you end up using.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been looking at ExpenseFree lately and it's doing what I need.

Most reactions