What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bt stack mouse and keyboard

johnnychimpo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone using mouse and keyboard? Seems to work great except iPad loses connectivity is there any way to stop this I think it does a power save then u need to reconnect

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to launch the btstack app every time you want to pair and use your keyboard or mouse.
Slight disadvantage, but the iPad has native support for keyboards. So if that is all you use then you might want to look into not using btstack because the keyboard will always connect when the iPad is in range.

OP
J

johnnychimpo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
really am i the only person who really wants this to work for remote desktop? the potential to eliminate taking 15inch macbook or laptop would be awsome

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're not at all alone in this. And if the BTStack package was more reliable, it would work great. However, as suggested, the mouse/kbd functioning using BTStack is a huge pain down below. They lose connectivity and one has to go through all the hassle of re-sequencing the connections again. And one RARELY gets the privilage of doing the steps just once to make it work. I've had lots of trouble making it work, and I know EXACTLY how the proceedure is to be performed.

I have given up on the mouse. The Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, using the native stack works very well... so that's something. However, trying to make the iPad become a substitute for a laptop generally makes me feel like I'm trying to do it with a toy. The iPad is fantastic, and I wouldn't give it up for anything... but that mouse issue is a real show stopper. It's really too bad that Apple didn't just go the whole way with the Bluetooth stack and make it work with a mouse at the same time they gave it Keyboard connectivity function. What would have been so wrong about that?

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts