1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Brushes attachment wants to open in Reactable...

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by anno69, Feb 14, 2011.

1. anno69

anno69 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After I have send/attached something from within Brushes, and then looks at the sent mail, and try to click the attachment, it tries to open in Reactable instead...why? And how can I get around it?

The filename ends with ".gz"
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,985 / 1
    If it has the .gz suffix you mailed your Actions, not the actual picture. This is a zipped file, and has to be unpacked to be used.

Actions are useful if you have a Mac and download the Brushes Viewer from their site. It allows you to replay the painting's creation on the Mac. If there is a way to import the actions back into Brushes on the iPad using Mail, I don't see it. Brushes doesn't appear to register itself with Open In as compatible with .gz or it's own .brushes extension. Maybe it would work through iTunes. They have a manual on their support site that you can download and look through.

If you were just trying to mail the picture then be sure to use the Mail Image and not the Mail Actions choice.
  3. anno69

anno69 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks!

Now it works...when I use "Mail Image" instead...

I will look into that Brusher View-action-thing.

Thanks again.