What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

browser with custom downloading directory

buzzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi
anyone knows an app/browser that will download its files to var/mobile/media/downloads?
or maybe one with a custom downloading directory so I can set it to that?

buz

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With a very few exceptions apps can not access folders outside their own file space. That is the nature of sandboxing.

There might be something in the jailbreak community, don't know, but a stock iPad app can't offer this feature.

OP
B

buzzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks I'll try asking there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rather than creating a duplicate thread, I've moved this thread over to the Hacking section (and, I've deleted your duplicate post). Thanks for your understanding.

To answer your question, there are two tweaks that I am aware of: Safari Download Manager and Chrome Download Manager. I have Safari Download Manager and the folder you mentioned is the default location when you first go to download. However, you can also browse for a place to put your download (e.g. pick your own location). I don't know about Chrome Download Manager as I don't have that tweak.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
B

buzzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rather than creating a duplicate thread, I've moved this thread over to the Hacking section (and, I've deleted your duplicate post). Thanks for your understanding.

To answer your question, there are two tweaks that I am aware of: Safari Download Manager and Chrome Download Manager. I have Safari Download Manager and the folder you mentioned is the default location when you first go to download. However, you can also browse for a place to put your download (e.g. pick your own location). I don't know about Chrome Download Manager as I don't have that tweak.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

thanks, that's what I exactly needed!

Most reactions

Latest posts