1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Browser Recomendations

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by komobu, Jan 11, 2013.

1. komobu

komobu iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi;

I am looking for a browser that will have a bookmark bar accross the top of it for the sites I visit most often. I also want tabs, and preferably when I click one of the sites on the bookmark bar, it will open the site in a new tab. My device is jailbroken if it matters.

Thanks for any recomendations.
  2. LannyC

LannyC iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0
    I've been really happy with Mercury, which just got a nice update. It does what you want, though to open a link in a new tab you need to press and hold, then choose from a contextual menu. It also imports bookmarks from your computer's browser, blocks some ads, uses gestures, and has adjustable font size and screen brightness independent of the iPad settings.

EDIT: oops, Mercury will not let you open a bookmark bar link in a new tab, only an inline link. However, with one extra tap you can easily create a new tab first, then open a bookmark into it.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  3. Wolfpuppies3

Wolfpuppies3 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    Google Chrome
  4. Pazuzu

Pazuzu iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0