What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

browser location

Smiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can anyone help, I am trying to change my browser location from UK to Australia on a iPad purchased in the UK but does not give me the option to change location out with the UK ??

Reaction score
Smiddy said:
can anyone help, I am trying to change my browser location from UK to Australia on a iPad purchased in the UK but does not give me the option to change location out with the UK ??

Changing browser location, you mean as in you are currently in the UK, but want to access Australian only websites? If so, you will need to use a VPN service, such as VPN express (you pay for the service).

Or are you referring to certain websites, such as google always reverting back to google.co.uk instead of their Australian counterpart? In this case, you could go to Settings->Safari and clear the Cache&Cookies.

OP
S

Smiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I situation is that having emigrated to Australia with an iPad purchased in the UK when I enter use Google search engine it thinks I am located in UK and automatically brings up UK sites, I have tried to change my location in the google settings but it will only allow a UK postcode ??

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Odd, that bit in google is based on your network and IP address so unless you're connecting through a VPN routed somewhere else it should pick up on the fact you're in Australia.

Molesza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I battled with this but found out how.

Settings
General
International
Regional format
Change to the country of your choice. Job done!

SuperbVPN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.superbvpn.com
Hello everybody,
I am using Australian VPN with Superb VPN Services and I am very satisfied. Speed is fine and connection is reliable.

Most reactions

Latest posts