What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brought 3 ipad and was shipped 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

neknek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5 months ago I was shipped 2 extra iPad 2s. I didn't open or use them. I called Apple and explained what happened and now they want them back. I was previously told to keep them. They offered 75 dollar credit for me to send them back. Other people claimed they were able to keep items shipped to them accidentally. Any thoughts?????

Jesla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So....your wondering if you can/should keep the ones you didn't pay for........

What do you really think?......Do what you know is right.....it's called having morals.

Coming here and asking, What we think you should do makes you look like a troll... just say'n.....

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
neknek said:
5 months ago I was shipped 2 extra iPad 2s. I didn't open or use them. I called Apple and explained what happened and now they want them back. I was previously told to keep them. They offered 75 dollar credit for me to send them back. Other people claimed they were able to keep items shipped to them accidentally. Any thoughts?????

Hi neknek...I am having a hard time understanding this...so, this happened 5 months ago and they told you to keep the 2 iPads? Then, they are calling you now to send them back.

This doesn't make sense. The right thing to do is to return it.

OP
N

neknek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I called a couple days ago I called asking Apple to confirm what was told to me and they then had no record of those two ipads. Then I placed on hold and then was told that I needed to return them. Which means if I hadn't called they would have had no records of them. Other people I spoke to said that since it was their mistake take by law I had rights to keep them. Other people that had that happened to them were told they could keep them. Bestbuy did this recently. They buyer brought 1 and was sent 5. Bestbuy allowed them to keep all 5

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
neknek said:
Actually, I called a couple days ago I called asking Apple to confirm what was told to me and they then had no record of those two ipads. Then I placed on hold and then was told that I needed to return them. Which means if I hadn't called they would have had no records of them. Other people I spoke to said that since it was their mistake take by law I had rights to keep them. Other people that had that happened to them were told they could keep them. Bestbuy did this recently. They buyer brought 1 and was sent 5. Bestbuy allowed them to keep all 5

Well without record on their part that they had that previous conversation with you and without proof but only a verbal, I am unsure how you would dispute this or if it is worth it. Now that you have called, I am sure this call was recorded with the direction to return the two.

Do the right thing and return it.

Our forum is here to promote what is ethical and prohibits discussions of fraud and abuse or similar topics such as this. I know you are trying to find justification to keeping these devices, but that will be a choice you make and not the help of our members here.

Good luck with your decision, neknek.

With this-we will now close this thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts