What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Sword for iPad on the Market now

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought Broken Sword as soon as I saw the iPad version was out. However, due to the fact that the fastest Internet I have is tethering my iPhone on Edge :( it will be tomorrow at least before I can actually try it out! And that is if I leave it downloading while I sleep! Someday I will enter the modern ages......I hope!

Yes, it is a huge (relatively speaking) download... largest iPhone one I have got so far. But, you will see the reason...

And if you enjoy these kind of games, you will love this. My wife and I play it together... fun to work on the puzzles and such together. The kind of game where just getting to the next room can be a major accomplishment...

And if you get really stuck there are walkthroughs at gamfaqs.com that help. We are not all that far into it, but so far we have figured out all the puzzles ourselves... and yes, we are proud :)
So is it the type of game where you add items together (like rope+candlestick) and then use that item to complete the puzzle, like King's Quest?

And yeah, I would DEFINITELY be proud as well. A lot of those games are so damn hard.

Yes thats is it. Also you go around talking to people solve puzzles its just an awsome game and they dont make adventure games as good as this any more

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny thing is, point and click adventure games were really made for a touch interface...but they were a fad of the 90's long before we had useable touch.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, she's been following me around all day posting the same dumb shit. Little does she know, she's a friggin idiot and already made my ignore list so I don't really see her spam anymore.

I pm'd a couple of mods, let's see what happens.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back on topic of the game... :)

I purchased it today, it seems quite interesting, reminds me of a cheesy game I played years ago, Roger something maybe? It was almost like a spoof, where this is serious, but the same kind of thing where you go around touching and collecting things.

The interface seems to work pretty good, made for touch as someone said I think.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

I purchased it today, it seems quite interesting, reminds me of a cheesy game I played years ago, Roger something maybe? It was almost like a spoof, where this is serious, but the same kind of thing where you go around touching and collecting things.

The interface seems to work pretty good, made for touch as someone said I think.

You are thinking of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"..... yes, I am pretty geeky.....

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bremen, it does seem a bit cheesy. I will keep trying to play though :p

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
key wont go in door!

I got broken sword on ipad.

I just tried it this morning but still in first room im at drawing room. I hold finger on key to get it out of briefcase and drag it to door had it over handle over blue circle nothing happening, as soon as i let go to click and see if menu comes up it returns to the briefcase!

what gestures am I meant to be using to get the key to unlock the door?

Also sometimes I'm pressing on question mark and nothing happens for several presses am i meant to press and hold or double click?

Thanks

Kati

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You are thinking of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"..... yes, I am pretty geeky.....

I had to search and Google provided the answer as usual, using these key words "old pc adventure game roger" it came up as the first result:
Space Quest, Roger Wilco was the star of the game. That will be the ultimate geek test for you Bremen if you remember that.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the "Quest" games were pretty awesome by Sierra. King's Quest was my favorite though.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got broken sword on ipad.

I just tried it this morning but still in first room im at drawing room. I hold finger on key to get it out of briefcase and drag it to door had it over handle over blue circle nothing happening, as soon as i let go to click and see if menu comes up it returns to the briefcase!

what gestures am I meant to be using to get the key to unlock the door?

Also sometimes I'm pressing on question mark and nothing happens for several presses am i meant to press and hold or double click?

Thanks

Kati

After you drag the key to the blue circle by the door, drag upward, you will see the gears symbol appear and the key will highlight gold, release at that point and the door will open "Now we're getting somewhere"

Most reactions

Latest posts