What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken iPad -Repair

revolutus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've broke my iPad :thumbsdown:

I placed it into luggage bag while traveling.
I own first Generation iPad 32GB/3g
the problem is I really don't know where to order parts from and what parts are required? can you please help me.:(

Please Help

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, give the Apple Store (if close to you) a try - never know and won't cost you a thing for an opinion; if a store is not close to you, call Apple support - nothing to lose and good luck! :)

Dan2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow -- you really thrashed your iPad LCD. It's easy to replace the LCD on the Original iPad... but you are actually vulnerable to an unintended side issue. Because your metal back plate frame is bent so much you are likely to have "ghosting" issues on the digitizer after is is removed and replaced. This is caused by uneven pressure related to the bent back plate. The iPad may "think" it's being touched when it is not. This has been a major issue for Original iPad repairs. (Mostly NOT an issue for iPad 2 repairs and "New" ("iPad 3") repairs -- as the design is very different -- it is easier to repair.)

Last edited:

Most reactions