What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

broken ipad, how do i fix it??

sambambina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been really good with my ipad, and i have dropped my ipod dozens of times with it still working, but i dropped my ipad just once and now when i press eitehr the top or menu button, all i get is a blend of gray, orange, and yellow colored streaks, how do i fix this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does sound like a hardware failure but, just in case, try a reboot.

Turn the iPad off and then press and hold the Power and Home buttons for about 6-9 seconds until the white Apple logo appears (if it does). The iPad will reboot.

If that fails, then take it to an Apple Store. You'll see many threads - some this morning even - from Members who have returned dropped iPads to an Apple Store and have received a new one in return at no cost as a 'goodwill' once-in-a-lifetime gesture from Apple.

Tim

OP
S

sambambina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you so much, this was a gift to my father who eventually gave it to me, i dont have the reciet and thiss is the ipad one, do you think they will possibly still trade me?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think if you took it in and explained what happened they would react kindly. Remember, you have no rights here, so you need to be humble and polite. Even if it doesn't work out at the first Apple Store, we've not yet had a Member who has not had their iPad replaced.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's a first generation iPad then, yes, they'd replace it with a first generation model of the same specification.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts