What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken ipad 2 glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SJStump said:
It seems to me that if you are going to make something with glass you would treat the glass or something to make it a little more unbreakable, like the way they do windows these days in hurricane prone areas. Also the sense of entitlement comes from Apple deciding who gets and who doesn't get a replacement willy nilly. Also if you are going to sell a "Smart Cover" mayabe it actually out to be a cover that actually could protect something. Yes, you're right they didn't replace my 3 month old Ipad 2 that fell from a couch arm to the floor and cracked. Must be sour grapes, huh.

They could have just said "Tough s$&@, you are own your own, please cough up 829.99 if you want a new iPad.". That how the rest of the world operates...

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Sorry to read of your misfortune.

Please help me here to understand something: If I read this correctly, I gather that you attempted to hold/carry the iPad by the Smart Cover alone-even for a couple of seconds-and, as the iPad hung down from the Smart Cover's magnetic hinges, it became detached and fell. Is that right?

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I use a smart cover for my pad and have no problems with it. I always handle with care.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SJStump said:
It seems to me that if you are going to make something with glass you would treat the glass or something to make it a little more unbreakable, like the way they do windows these days in hurricane prone areas. Also the sense of entitlement comes from Apple deciding who gets and who doesn't get a replacement willy nilly. Also if you are going to sell a "Smart Cover" mayabe it actually out to be a cover that actually could protect something. Yes, you're right they didn't replace my 3 month old Ipad 2 that fell from a couch arm to the floor and cracked. Must be sour grapes, huh.

Sour grapes exactly sums it up! i think that is from Aesop's fables. There is a parable too in the New Testament but I won't push that one.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm guessing that a glass of that sort would affect the touch sensitivity or maybe the costs for such a product would have been too high. As far as Apple deciding who does and does not get a free replacement, I don't think it's an 'entitlement' thing, it will vary from store to store and I think it's just the luck of the draw. Who knows, maybe that have been helpful in the past but have done so many replacements that corporate told them to knock it off. I can’t think of too many businesses that will replace a product for free that a customer damaged.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPF Staff feelings are that once you purchase any product you are responsible for it and if valuable like a computer or phone iPad ~ Protect it with a cover and also take out insurance. If one reads the terms and conditions of any product they will not cover for accidental damage. In this case Apple is being nice and has no obligations to replace the glass as it is not faulty.

Having said that ~

We will close this thread and thanks to all who have participated.

santa.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts