What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken ipad 2 glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What are you working for apple or something?

My Fault? That's questionable. I think the screens are defective...break way to easy. There are thousands of reports online of people barely bumping the ipads and having the screens shatter. Something is wrong with the design/build of the unit. Second...it's bad customer service to sock it to someone with a ridiculous price for repair. Even the Apple store employee told me the price they charge is ridiculous for repair and I should look online where he said there are many companies performing the repair for less than 1/2 of what apple charges. Apple is trying to charge more than their cost of a new unit and give you a refurbished unit. Thirdly, how about helping a customer out even if it is THEIR fault. Isn't that sometimes good business practice? Won't Apple get repeat business from customers they help in need. I also don't see how your Moderator comment about squashing people's "sense of entitlement" is positive to the discussion here. I think I am similar to what most people feel when their screens crack...they don't necessarily EXPECT or DEMAND help but would LIKE some reasonable help with the repair. However I will be listening to your advice about shopping elsewhere and take my business elsewhere.

Sounds to me like it will be hard to please people that break there iPad all day long. Why they will have to pay for your mistake? If, so then they will have to sell the iPads more expensive to help those that have accidents or not take good care of there device? It will make no sense for a lot of people and to me sounds like you will not be happy no matter what.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple was going above and beyond typical customer service by replacing iPads for free; many people have benefited from that. Now Apple seems to be pulling back and charging a fraction of retail price to replace them; that's still above and beyond for customer service. What other electronics company will sell you a new replacement at a fraction of retail price for damage caused by the owner?

If you buy a car and total it, do you think the dealership will sell you a replacement for a fraction of what you paid for the first one?

The iPad screen is made of glass. If you drop it and it survives, you're lucky. If not, how is that Apple's fault? News flash: Glass is fragile.

I know it sucks to drop and smash a relatively new gadget. I dropped my iPhone 4. Apple replaced it. It was totally unnecessary for them to do that, and if they had charged me a fraction of retail price for a new one, I still would've considered it good service.

I don't work for Apple. I just have reasonable expectations of customer service.

cutty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AppleNut said:
I've been hearing Apple is doing a one time courtesy replacement. Doesn't hurt to try! Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did buy a new ipad2 running ios5,when it can jailbreak?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think we all have a case again Apple, there is nothing on the Apple that say the glass front may break! I will have to contact my lawyer now... LOL

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFrog said:
I think we all have a case again Apple, there is nothing on the Apple that say the glass front may break! I will have to contact my lawyer now... LOL

Will that be one of those glass actions?

The Archangel

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think so... I have my lawyer looking into it right now. If can only get him to focus in the job.

9976439.jpg

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
You boys are killing me. Killing me.

Glad to see some of us hang on to our sense of humour/humor!

It is funny, no doubt about it. But I wish moderators etc. were as ruthless with this as they are with the F word (Sssh, Flash). I think this is far more damaging.

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
Ruthless in what way Kathryn?

Well, the second anybody mentions F....h, the thread is closed. I remember it was the first question I ever asked, and had it not been for SweetPoison, I wouldn't have stayed with the forum.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to see some of us hang on to our sense of humour/humor!

It is funny, no doubt about it. But I wish moderators etc. were as ruthless with this as they are with the F word (Sssh, Flash). I think this is far more damaging.

Ruthless in what way Kathryn?

I think she means, knowing her the way I do, that the way we decapitate flash threads ~ she wants us to decapitate these threads. Kathryn feels the way I do...such a sense of entitlement with these returns ~

Do I know you woman or what? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions