What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Glass

shlomo_s

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was expected ! My IPAD 2 glass crashed to peaces !!. I had all protections: front, rear and screen protector. The accident happend when I took it from the table and probably not hold well and then it fell down and crashed. WHY APPLE NOT ADDED SMALL HOLE , as used it cell phones and digital cameras to put ther small cable to hold it from there ?? I have to pay now $ 150 to replaces it with another glass !! so painful !!
Any advises from this forum in order that it will not happen again ??

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
shlomo_s said:
It was expected ! My IPAD 2 glass crashed to peaces !!. I had all protections: front, rear and screen protector. The accident happend when I took it from the table and probably not hold well and then it fell down and crashed. WHY APPLE NOT ADDED SMALL HOLE , as used it cell phones and digital cameras to put ther small cable to hold it from there ?? I have to pay now $ 150 to replaces it with another glass !! so painful !!

I'd suggest a good case like otterbox along with screen protectors.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
shlomo_s said:

I use a Griffin survivor case on my iPad 3 and have dropped it several times with no ill effects. The case includes a built in screen protector.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nothing is going to totally protect the iPad if its dropped........a good case will help but is not a sure thing.
Sorry but being more careful is the best suggestion I can offer.

The tether works on small devices but would be worthless on something like the iPad....it would just get in the way.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nothing is going to totally protect the iPad if its dropped........a good case will help but is not a sure thing.
Sorry but being more careful is the best suggestion I can offer.

The tether works on small devices but would be worthless on something like the iPad....it would just get in the way.

My thoughts exactly. Despite everything one can do, being conscientious about your iPad is the best protection.

Welcome to the forum buerkletucson! If you get a chance, head on over to the new members forum and introduce yourself. Once in that forum find the stickies on forum rules and tips.

I lived in Golden Valley, MN several years ago. What part of MN do you call home?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts