What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brianv

brianv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
had the ipad for just 2 weeks, switched it on connected to itunes it was working nicely then itunes asked if i wanted to update, thats when the ipad decided to go into recovery mode "HELP"

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
had the ipad for just 2 weeks, switched it on connected to itunes it was working nicely then itunes asked if i wanted to update, thats when the ipad decided to go into recovery mode "HELP"

What's the situation just now? If the iPad is switched off perform a reboot by holding down the Power and Home buttons for 60 seconds until the white Apple logo appears; it will then reboot - takes a couple of minutes.

If the iPad is 'recovering' might want to wait it out before attempting anything.

Let us know the 'state' it's in now.

Tim
Scotland

OP
B

brianv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Brianv here looking forward to pick up some valuable tips

OP
B

brianv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks tim for getting back to me, we are still in the recovery mode itunes are saying unknown error ( 2003)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - time to try the reboot I suggested above..

Get back to me - we'll fix this problem...

Tim
Scotland

OP
B

brianv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sweet poison ipad 1, and at the moment its dead, stuck in recovery mode any good tips

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried a hard reset? Hold down the power button and the home button together until the Apple logo pops up.

Then let it go from there ~ what it does best.

OP
B

brianv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you sweet poison i have tried that and the usb lead pointing to itunes always comes up

OP
B

brianv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi sweet poison i dont know what "JB" means and i have just tried plugging it to the wall it still shows recovery mode

Most reactions