What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Braveheart HD Free For A Limited Time

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5E1PLGMfhE&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Braveheart HD iPad game trailer[/ame]​

Gaijin Entertainment announced today that they’re offering their action-packed iPad RPG Braveheart HD totally free next week. The app is already incredibly popular, topping the charts throughout Europe in countries such as Germany, Slovakia, Russia and Poland, and reaching number 2 in the US, Spain and China among other countries. Basically, to cut a long story short, everyone loves it! Braveheart is Gaijin’s first self-published title, and in the game you get to play as the brave knight Richard, who has been sent by King Wilhelm to recover the elusive Holy Grail. Braveheart HD boasts a dynamic combat system with 10 different weapons, a variety of magical spells, and tons of bonuses and power-ups to help Richard fight his way to victory. The game has just been updated with seven new levels and the chance to hunt in the royal castle, as well as new elixirs and new Teleport skills. I like the stylish look of this game, it reminds me of the first two Fallout games and Blizzard’s Diablo series. Well worth a look as it's temporarily a freebie!

Click here to download for free: Braveheart HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Source: Gaijin Entertainment

Reaction score
The game itself is well designed, the controls are easy to use and it makes sense.

However, what I don't like is that it is programmed as one of those PayToSucceed game. Without getting extra gold is the game almost impossible to play, as the gold is required to upgrade weapons. The gold can also be optioned by downloading promoted free games, but it doesn't give much.

On a normal play through did it take around 6:30h to finish the game, plus an extra hour to download those free apps for extra gold.

I will not play this game again, because all free promoted app downloads are used up, so I would have to pay for extra gold. I actually did start again, but the gold just obtained from fighting battles is too little to survive.

Great game concept, but ruined due to the dependency of gold from outside the game.

Most reactions

Latest posts