What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brand spanking new

tallen2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my husband got me the IPad for my birthday! I was not expecting it at all; pretty spoiled I feel. I am fairly savvy to using it. It only took me a day to find the directions..lol I turned 50 by the way so you know the saying about old dogs...Luckily, I am somewhat guided by my whippersnapper of a 21 year old son. But, I do have something that is stumping me that I just know has got to be very simple. So, I choose not to ask that whippersnapper, instead, I choose to ask complete strangers on the World Wide Web. Why can't I get the alert tones to work? I get banners and reminders and such, but can't seem to get any sound??? anyone?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have the Mute function enabled - which suppresses alert sounds only. The Mute function can be enabled by one of two switches (you can assign in 'Settings' which it is that does this). It's either the switch by the volume control on the side of the iPad or the 'soft switch' at the far left hand side of the multi-task bar (double press the Home button, then 'flick' the screen to the right and you'll see the 'soft' switch at the far left of the screen).

One of these two will turn system sounds on for you....

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
tallen2

tallen2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my GOSH! I KNEW it was something really stupid! thank you so much! I am sure I will be back on here soon with more silliness! By the way, I loved Scotland when I went there,; such a beautiful place, with such warm people...

Most reactions

Latest posts