What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Box oferring 50 GB lifetime account for file storage

albert2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get a FREE 50 GB lifetime account for file storage and sharing through Dec. 2, 2011. To get your automatic upgrade, download the Box app on your iPhone or iPad and register or sign in to your account - it's that easy.

App Store - Box.net

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
albert2k said:
Get a FREE 50 GB lifetime account for file storage and sharing through Dec. 2, 2011. To get your automatic upgrade, download the Box app on your iPhone or iPad and register or sign in to your account - it's that easy.

App Store - Box.net

Just downloaded, thanx for the info :)

JAMESSTAR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
albert2k said:

App Store - Box.net

ISN,t revoked after 50 days.

OP
A

albert2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the text read lifetime, but all change, I will use until be free the 50G, more space that anything that I saw until now.

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just read the FAQs on the Box.net. BTW I do have 50 GB. You have 50 days to take advantage of the deal--until Dec 2, 2011. Once you have the 50GB its yours for good. You must download the new app to get the space. They do have a limited file size whereas Dropbox does not. I like Dropbox and have been using it for a good while and like the 50GB free storage but the file limits may make it less than desirable. you can check th FAQs here. http://community.box.net/boxnet/topics/50_gb_box_for_iphone_and_ipad_promotion_faqs

2toy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This is great! I'm planning to buy the ipad2 16GB model but was thinking about the storage issue.
If this account is for lifetime then i don't have to worry about it.
Thanks again....

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I honestly think this is one of the best deals I've seen on the AppStore. I pay for that much storage on Dropbox. While its not as tied into many apps it's a decent program. I'd been sorry to miss this.

frankdber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's very nice to have 50GB storage but, unlike Dropbox, it is all online. There is no application for Macs or PCs.

Also, it seems to be geared towards the business world and not for the private user.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
guthrien said:
I honestly think this is one of the best deals I've seen on the AppStore. I pay for that much storage on Dropbox. While its not as tied into many apps it's a decent program. I'd been sorry to miss this.

You have 50 days to take advantage of it--until Dec.2. Read the FAQs I posted above. The unfortunate part is that it is file size limited (100 mb) whereas Dropbox is not.

Last edited:

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks,

If you're using this sort of app for "mission critical" material, be sure to read the fine print. Although you can store up to 50 gigs "free for life," no single file can be larger than 100 mb. If you have a massive music library made up of individual songs, that can be useful. But if you're planning to use the service to store, say, movies, you'll find that the 100mb limit won't work for you. In that case you'll have to pay $15 per month for storage (and you'll have access to the storage from your PC or other devices in the bargain.)

That is not to say that this is a bad deal. The $15 per month charge is relatively high compared to some competitors, but it's not outrageous. But "Box" could have offered 500 Gigs "free for life" and achieved the same end. Anyone needing to store anything close to 50 gigabytes of data almost certainly needs to store individual files greater than 100mb in size.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I don't know anything about cloud services (which this seems to imitate, at least in part), I still don't understand why one would want to incur the difficulties and expense of online transfers as a means to store stuff. Wouldn't it be easier and less expensive all the way around to find a hard drive solution... whatever that might be?

My sensibilities about all this might be tainted by the fact that I ONLY have 3g access to online services, and rarely have access to "someone elses" internet, or some other, faster unlimited account for Internet access of my own.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

dbeth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the free box.net account have something similar to the Dropbox folder sync? I really like the non-web interface I can get using Dropbox...much more seamless and less intrusive.

I would jump at this idea (even with the file size limit) if I could avoid the web-only interface.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe it works for me as I tend to store large amounts of smaller media. I don't find movies to be very practical for online storage due to the relatively slow speeds of US Internet. In no way did I mean to imply they were the equal of Dropbox in implementation, but they are a longstanding company/entity and therefore have shown some measure of reliability. For the cost, it's a great deal that is easily integrated into your iPad routine.

jackblack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is this? Is this an online storage? What can u store on this..sorry I'm new to the Apple world. Is it an app?

Sent from my iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts