What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boulder Dash?

Dysstatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to play a version of the old C64 classic Boulder Dash on iPad. The Amiga version was great too. Does anyone know of a decent clone of this on iOS?? :D

OP
Dysstatic

Dysstatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Omg that's it!! I never even checked, I was just laying here thinking about old games and that came to mind. Awesome!! Can't wait to have a go on retro mode!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just put "boulder dash" into the App Store search engine, there were a few other results as well.

The Archangel

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The original game was by either Brøderbund or Electronic Arts, can't remember which. Could be worth a look around their websites to see if its been ported. Hard to believe that game ran in less than 64kb.

OP
Dysstatic

Dysstatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it was an amazing game. This remake of it isn't that great, the retro mode isn't in pure 2D it's still rendered in 3D like the rest of the game.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd still like to see the original version of Elite ported to the iPad. The gameplay was great, and only let down by the horrible graphics. Using the accelerometers of the iPad, and sorting out the graphics would make it a winner IMO.

OP
Dysstatic

Dysstatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we should start a retro thread with all available Arcade, Atari, Nintendo, Commodore, Amstrad, Spectrum and Sega games.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I loved pong, I recall years ago when our local pub got the game in, it was built into a massive table.......you couldn't get me off it!

The Archangel

I remember our neighbor getting it and it was so fun sleeping over and playing if for hours!! Loved that game!!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think we should start a retro thread with all available Arcade, Atari, Nintendo, Commodore, Amstrad, Spectrum and Sega games.

Oh, no. Not the speccy. We'll have all of the Manic Miner mob crawling out from under rocks.

Other than that, great idea. Just don't be surprised if some of the contributors are a bit younger than you'd expect.

OP
Dysstatic

Dysstatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hahaha Manic Miner was brilliant on C64 too :). Yeah I'm 36 this year and basically grew up and saw everything, dad owned basically every console, computer and gadget from around 1978 onwards. I still remember being a kid and dads mates would come round (in their late teens) and play Pong and Coleco flat out all night lol

Most reactions

Latest posts