1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Bought new iPad 2, warranty question

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by kidstretch, Oct 5, 2011.

1. kidstretch

kidstretch iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I live in Greece and ought a new iPad from eBay.
    The store didn't charge vat for the iPad (which they didn't state in their page) so they didn't send me an invoice.
    My question is this, is the warranty valid without an invoice.
    If it's is valid, what happens if the iPad has a problem, where can I send it to e fixed or replaced?

Thanks!
  2. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,000 / 0
    Did you buy a brand new ipad from an individual seller or a reputable company on eBay? Seems odd that it did not come with any paperwork/invoice. I have never purchased electronics on eBay-I am a bit gun shy when it comes to high things like that. I would rather buy it from an Apple retail store or authorized store such as Target or Best Buy (here in the States).

I am not familiar with Apple selling their product line on eBay, especially with their pricing kept at a fixed rate...maybe some of our other "expert" viewers and/or moderators like Tim Spracklen or Sweetpoison may give you some help. :)
  3. kidstretch

kidstretch iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought it from an eBay store, they advertise the 1 year warranty, not sure if they are legit.
    That's what I'm trying to find out, if the warranty is valid, I'm ok without an invoice, I got it cheaper that the other stores, but if the warranty is not legit, i will try to get my money back.
  4. skimonkey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,000 / 0
    I wonder how you would find out if your warranty was legitimate or not. Have you contacted an apple store? You need to have some proof of purchase from the seller to show when you purchased it. I believe that the 1 year warranty begins the day that you have purchased it from the store. I am not sure if is any different from a private seller online. You may want to find out. We can all assume that your warranty is valid or invalid, but just to ease your mind and avoid future complications-you may want to contact the seller and get further details. Perhaps it is different the way warranties are handled when purchased in different countries other the the U.S.
  5. nmoreman

nmoreman iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I purchased one on eBay, asked fornthe serial number. There is a website somewhere, just google it, that allows you to enter this info. It will give you the warranty info.
    It is not tied to the individual but bybdate. Nif it's not registerd you should have a year, probably calculated when you activate your account, which notates the serial number.
    I bought mine used, no receipt needed, verified by apple store, for this reason
  6. kidstretch

kidstretch iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I put the serial number on the apple site, everything is legit.thank you! :)
  7. skimonkey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,000 / 0
    Good to hear you have resolved your worry!! Now enjoy that iPad 2!! I love mine,,:)
  8. jduncan

jduncan iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I wish all manufacturers would do it that way. Just give the warrantee to the first person that registers it. Simple.