What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought new iPad 2, warranty question

kidstretch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in Greece and ought a new iPad from eBay.
The store didn't charge vat for the iPad (which they didn't state in their page) so they didn't send me an invoice.
My question is this, is the warranty valid without an invoice.
If it's is valid, what happens if the iPad has a problem, where can I send it to e fixed or replaced?

Thanks!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I live in Greece and ought a new iPad from eBay.
The store didn't charge vat for the iPad (which they didn't state in their page) so they didn't send me an invoice.
My question is this, is the warranty valid without an invoice.
If it's is valid, what happens if the iPad has a problem, where can I send it to e fixed or replaced?

Thanks!

Did you buy a brand new ipad from an individual seller or a reputable company on eBay? Seems odd that it did not come with any paperwork/invoice. I have never purchased electronics on eBay-I am a bit gun shy when it comes to high things like that. I would rather buy it from an Apple retail store or authorized store such as Target or Best Buy (here in the States).

I am not familiar with Apple selling their product line on eBay, especially with their pricing kept at a fixed rate...maybe some of our other "expert" viewers and/or moderators like Tim Spracklen or Sweetpoison may give you some help. :)

OP
kidstretch

kidstretch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought it from an eBay store, they advertise the 1 year warranty, not sure if they are legit.
That's what I'm trying to find out, if the warranty is valid, I'm ok without an invoice, I got it cheaper that the other stores, but if the warranty is not legit, i will try to get my money back.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought it from an eBay store, they advertise the 1 year warranty, not sure if they are legit.
That's what I'm trying to find out, if the warranty is valid, I'm ok without an invoice, I got it cheaper that the other stores, but if the warranty is not legit, i will try to get my money back.

I wonder how you would find out if your warranty was legitimate or not. Have you contacted an apple store? You need to have some proof of purchase from the seller to show when you purchased it. I believe that the 1 year warranty begins the day that you have purchased it from the store. I am not sure if is any different from a private seller online. You may want to find out. We can all assume that your warranty is valid or invalid, but just to ease your mind and avoid future complications-you may want to contact the seller and get further details. Perhaps it is different the way warranties are handled when purchased in different countries other the the U.S.

nmoreman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased one on eBay, asked fornthe serial number. There is a website somewhere, just google it, that allows you to enter this info. It will give you the warranty info.
It is not tied to the individual but bybdate. Nif it's not registerd you should have a year, probably calculated when you activate your account, which notates the serial number.
I bought mine used, no receipt needed, verified by apple store, for this reason

OP
kidstretch

kidstretch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put the serial number on the apple site, everything is legit.thank you! :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to hear you have resolved your worry!! Now enjoy that iPad 2!! I love mine,,:)

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kidstretch said:
I put the serial number on the apple site, everything is legit.thank you! :)

I wish all manufacturers would do it that way. Just give the warrantee to the first person that registers it. Simple.

Most reactions

Latest posts