What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought an iCade cabinet for my iPad and it doesn't work ! : (

red_seal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So yeah I had the worst experience getting an iCade from amazon. I ordered one and it took a while to come in, when it finally came in I assembled it. And I was super happy to start playing, when I noticed it didn't even turn on when I put the batteries in! I called amazon right away and got in contact with the seller and told them I had a non-working unit. They were very nice and friendly and said that they would send me a new one. But then the next day sends me a new email saying they have to refund my money because that was the last unit they had and they aren't getting anymore in! So the cool part is it didn't cost me anything, yay! But it doesn't work, nooo! Lol

I didn't know what to do because I didn't want to order another one and have the same thing happen. So I actually opened up the joystick part with a screw driver and opened it up to see the little circuit board inside with wires. I'm not an expert on this by any means, but I started to reconnect the cables hoping that they just needed a simple reconnect to start working. All the sudden, the batteries start working and I get super excited because the 25c coin front starts to light up and I feel like I have done it! But sadly I just made the light work *blushes and giggles at self* I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice for me?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has the seller already sent you the refund or do you have to return the unit before receiving the refund? If so, don't attempt any more repairs or you could jeopardize the refund.

OP
red_seal

red_seal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh actually I lucked out. Because the unit doesn't work, they didnt' want me to send it back. So I have it and I don't have to return it, they already refunded my credit card : )

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh actually I lucked out. Because the unit doesn't work, they didnt' want me to send it back. So I have it and I don't have to return it, they already refunded my credit card : )
That's good, then.
Hopefully someone will be able to help you with some repair advice.

OP
red_seal

red_seal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks : ) ! I had this crazy idea that if I ordered an icade controller, the one thats just the joystick and not the cabinet ,

(http://www.amazon.ca/Ion-iCade-Arca...TF8&qid=1405285561&sr=8-1&keywords=ipad+icade)

That I could maybe take out its' insides and just hook up it up to the insides of the iCade cabinet? I thought this might work because they seem to be identical other then the fact there is no 25c light on just the controller model. Or am I crazy? *giggles* I just really want to play mortal kombat asap with my little sis already!! Lols

OP
red_seal

red_seal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also because I didn't have to pay anything for my iCade, I don't really mind buying a controller just to make it work : )

Most reactions

Latest posts