What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought a two month old iPad - now what?

Angela

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello from Winnipeg (Canada, EH)

I was super lucky to come across a very gently used 32gb for sale and was told it had been reset. However certain things still have the Previous owners name -like the games screen for example.

I popped into my local apple store to ask about this and they were way too busy. Another patron suggested i needed to go to iTunes and do a reset there.

I guess i am looking for confirmation from the experts here.

Anything else i should do? What about getting the registration switched to me?

Thank you in advance
Angela

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the person you bought it from, de-authorized it from his account in iTunes before he sold it, then you should be able to register it under your account info. If he did not de-authorize from his account, then you will have to restore it as a new iPad in iTunes, and then register it.

OP
A

Angela

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there thanks for your reply

Is there a way I can tell if they reauthorized it?

I am a bit chicken of the whole restoring thing in case I bugger it up. It seems in just a few short days I have become incredibly attached to this thing :)

Most reactions

Latest posts