What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought a store display iPad and having major problems

Questionguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a shop floor display iPad and am realizing that I have much reduced functionality. Anyone know how to reset to normal settings? The reset option doesn't work in settings as it only offers me to reset my homes screen layout and not the iPad itself to factory settings.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interesting. These devices were not for resale.... You should be able to reset while connected to iTunes using the power and home buttons.

-t

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
transfer purchases and backup first....

and do a restore.

and restore from a backup, when restoring is done.

what iPad do you have, and the firmware?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am confused usually iPads are not for resale as demo only if you have issues take it back and have a full restore done by the store they MUST do this otherwise get your money back.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - I'd be interested to know how you got this iPad because, as the previous posters have indicated, stores are not supposed to sell those to customers; they are under an agreement with Apple to return them to the factory.

Tim

Dalio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey man, I need your help, just bought an iPad 3, and find out is a store display, how did you fix yours?
Thank you so much.

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This one is simple: Just return the demo iPad that has problems and demand a clean swap for a new one. If they balk, remind them that they are violating Apple policy by selling it in the first place. A clean and easy swap for a working iPad is all you're asking for.

Most reactions

Latest posts