What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Booooooorrrrrreeeeedddddd...........

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bribrianna said:
Any fun suggestions? Maybe a new game or something

My 13year old loves Reckless Driving HD at the moment. I was lucky and saw them when they were on sale. I do this whenever I see it to entertain my girls. When I let them have my iPad of course, you are sooo! lucky to have your own by the way!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Reckless Driving HD is awesome.

Letting my children free on my ipad??? eek, the very thought chills me to the bone. i've so many friends who do this. i shudder. madness i tells ya.

(luckily i have no children :) just a wife and 2 dogs. the dogs couldn't give a stuff about the device and my wife's just getting used to life with another 'object of desire' in our relationship :p )

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Reckless Driving HD is awesome.

Letting my children free on my ipad??? eek, the very thought chills me to the bone. i've so many friends who do this. i shudder. madness i tells ya.

(luckily i have no children :) just a wife and 2 dogs. the dogs couldn't give a stuff about the device and my wife's just getting used to life with another 'object of desire' in our relationship :p )

Ha ha! Yes my hubby feels the same, I assure you, I'm trying my best to change his ways but for a 48 year old, he seems resistant to the Apple way. I'm thinking it's the money aspect, what do you think!

My two are 13 and 16, so yes, I trust them, wouldn't let very young kids near it though, but having said that, my nephews were playing on it but I had one of my girls right next to them, watching like a hawk! My girls live under the threat of murder if anything happens to my iPad and I make sure they are sitting down sensibly. So far, crossing fingers, touching wood, no mishap, it's also in the original Apple case which I trust.

She also likes the Sims games and a physics game, I'll try and remember the name! Toy Physics!

Air hockey, pictureka, Dead space of course, 10 pin bowling, laser lights.

Last edited:

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
my wife's very traditional - reads real paper books and mags, makes proper phone calls with a telephone, sends letters in the post etc etc. she does have a mobile phone, but hasn't the need and doesn't want the need to embrace all this modern fan-dangled technology. shes never used a computer before and has no desire to. and i cant blame her to be honest.
But, saying all that, she's more than happy to let me do the techie side of things for us - she loves me to browse the web for her, order stuff from Amazon/ebay for her, speak to our relatives in newzealand via skype, watch the news on ipad when still in bed, get me to send emails for her, film the nieces/nephews/grandkids etc etc.
best of both worlds for her i suppose.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
my wife's very traditional - reads real paper books and mags, makes proper phone calls with a telephone, sends letters in the post etc etc. she does have a mobile phone, but hasn't the need and doesn't want the need to embrace all this modern fan-dangled technology. shes never used a computer before and has no desire to. and i cant blame her to be honest.
But, saying all that, she's more than happy to let me do the techie side of things for us - she loves me to browse the web for her, order stuff from Amazon/ebay for her, speak to our relatives in newzealand via skype, watch the news on iad when still in bed, get me to send emails for her, film the nieces/nephews/grandkids etc etc.

You are so right! Mine is exactly like yours, he's only happy when littering away in his garden, I've even got the garden planner HD app to put in his plants info so he updates me on them. My girls of course embrace this new age but I work in school so I kind of have to keep up with the kids, otherwise they think you are oolllddd! I've got greying hair( inherited from dad) and one of them thought I was 60 odd. I'm only 44! They suggested I dyed my hair. Little monkeys. As long as I look the part, I don't care what they say but they do make you laugh!

Mikeb41g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But, saying all that, she's more than happy to let me do the techie side of things for us - she loves me to browse the web for her, order stuff from Amazon/ebay for her, speak to our relatives in newzealand via skype, watch the news on ipad when still in bed, get me to send emails for her, film the nieces/nephews/grandkids etc etc.

It is amazing! You have described my wife and myself. Exactly the same,

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are more than you realise! I bet most on this site have a partner who is exactly like that!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
the upside for me is, which is quite selfish i suppose, is that all the technical things in the house are run exclusively by me. No conflicts, no sharing computers and logins, no technical arguments, no children to monitor online. she doesn't even care where the on switches are.

suits us both.

i've got the 'control' i prefer, and she's got the technological means and worlds at her finger tips (or mine come to that) whenever she wishes. my job means i have a lot of expensive techie stuff around the house, so i dont think she realises how lucky she is in this respect either. she's in a good position really - she hasent the vaguest ideas about computer specs, internet speeds, techie talk etc etc. she's never even held a mouse before. she just makes a request (any request) and it's done. how it works is all magic to her. thats where i'd like to be thinking about it :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts