What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Books missing after iOS 4 upgrade

Ldcaudle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded to iOS 4. I cannot see any of my iBooks on my iPad. They are on my windows computer but I don't know how to get them back to the iPad.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So just select-copy to the iTune Library.
And once they are in the iTune library, connect the iPAD to the PC.
Select all books from the library, and pase them into the device area of the iTune.
Once they are on your iPAD you can delete them from the iTune Library.
Never sync Books. Waist of time.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once they are on your iPAD you can delete them from the iTune Library.
Never sync Books. Waist of time.
I respectfully disagree! If you ever have to restore your iPad for whatever reason, then all your books would be gone. Books actually take up very little room so there is no reason to delete them from your iTunes library.

I sync my books every time I sync and have had not problems.

OP
L

Ldcaudle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being new to apple and ipad I did not know you could copy from one device to the other. I thought everything happened through sync. I'm glad I had synced everything to my computer because otherwise I would have lost all my iBooks. Thanks for your help.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get daily, lots of Magazines for my wife.
Magazines are pure PDF.
She flips through them and delet them one by one.
It is a one way streaming Magazines into the iPAD.
I keep a library on my PC with a Date title of the magazines I uploaded that day.
( I clean it after 3 days)
So why do I need that sync.
Same for books.
I have on my PC a library with 145 ePUB books. It is there to be kept. ( Have them also on a CD for backup)
Why do I need it on my iTune library as well.
I like my Book/Magazine iTune clean, so it will be easy to see what I am moving through it.

Sorry.
I am from the PC world. for me "Syncing is Stinking"

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry.
I am from the PC world. for me "Syncing is Stinking"

man-scratching-head.jpg

I have been using a personal computer since I bought my first KayproII in 1983 and I don't understand why being from the "PC world" has anything to do with not syncing an iPad.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using a personal computer since I bought my first KayproII in 1983 and I don't understand why being from the "PC world" has anything to do with not syncing an iPad.

Well I don't like "middle men" . If there is a way that I can deal with some one or something directly, I prefer to do it that way. Saves time and "Money/Memory/Complication".

If you are fully synced, and one time you made a mistake ( I did one initially) It'll wipe clean your iPAD.

Bottom line:
I love my iPAD. What I don't like is the "middle man"

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ePub is not an application. It is just a data file.
So copying it through the Library, does not effect any application.

Most reactions